Clan: Death and Destiny

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 2PussyGalore Feb 6 2009, 20:40 PM
very nice guide - also nicely done layout°°

+
# 3Ceza Feb 7 2009, 21:08 PM
Yes, its a very nice guide summing up a lot of interesting things to know in an USA mirror.
But why didn't you mention the possibility of "conterdropping" in your own base?
I don't know the best way to do this strategy but you can produce two rangers and one or even two rocket soliders and put them in your first chinook to follow your opponents drop. In the best occasion you will take down this chinook and kill his MD without loosing one of your chinooks.

+
# 4Rising` Feb 8 2009, 12:51 PM
Thanks

I've never seen the point of counter-dropping. It's hard to do and your disrupting your economy just as much as they are their's. They'll always drop first so can laserlock your chinook while your still evacing. They can also just evac 1 of their md's so you evac all of your men and then fly somewhere else and drop off the rest.

+
# 5Yumi Feb 8 2009, 12:53 PM
Counterdropping is more a team game thing imo.

Clan: H2

+
# 6CheeKy` Feb 8 2009, 18:02 PM
Nice guide and layout.

What do you prefer if someone drops, I usually just stay in my base and get MDs and inf to kill his drop. Then I put MDs in the middle and 2 on the side to kill incoming hummers.

Also when do you suggest to get FB, they are quite important and if your opponent gets them earlier than you, it could cause you to lose the game.

Clan: Teh Memberz

Game: None

+
# 7Rising` Feb 8 2009, 18:21 PM
If someone drops me and I drop them wf+rax is the more solid option; couple of md's to laserlock there nook and a couple of rangers to mop up the md's plus a couple of vees when you have them.

I don't get fb's.

+
# 8CheeKy` Feb 8 2009, 18:44 PM
If someone drops me and I drop them wf+rax is the more solid option; couple of md's to laserlock there nook and a couple of rangers to mop up the md's plus a couple of vees when you have them.

So you always counter drop or am I reading wrong?
I don't get fb's.

FB as in flashbang not fire bases tongue.gif

+
# 9Rising` Feb 8 2009, 18:55 PM
I dont always counter drop. If you don't drop you only have one main option.

Countering a Drop When Not Dropping

Dual supply is a solid option in this situation with a War factory afterwards. With this build order you surrender one of your supplies temporarily until you have enough Humvees to counter their drop. Wait until you have three Humvees, assuming they dropped four Missile Defenders, then just send them to crush their troops. Once you've countered their drop return your Chinooks back to that supply centre and go on the offensive. A common mistake people make in this situation is to build a barracks automatically however this just means you have to wait longer for your Humvees and results in your collection rate being slower for longer.

I knew what you meant smile.gif

+
# 10CheeKy` Feb 8 2009, 20:03 PM
Uhm....I think only vanilla hummers is extremely crappy. When you spread out just a few MDs, you are able to counter them with ease. I also dont think vanilla hummers are tht good at the start at all, I would rather wait for tow and then go for this nooks.

+
# 11Sparky Feb 10 2009, 16:49 PM
There really is no other option to stop those MDs, I'd get some three Vees and kill those MDs too; they will probably only kill one. Flashbang Rangers are quite useless, what do you even need FB for?

Clan: H2

+
# 12CheeKy` Feb 10 2009, 17:35 PM
There really is no other option to stop those MDs, I'd get some three Vees and kill those MDs too; they will probably only kill one. Flashbang Rangers are quite useless, what do you even need FB for?

Well when drop etc fails and it gets to a hummer vs hummer war, people usually pop their inf out. When you would have FB rangers, you can totally pwn the enemy their inf.

+
# 13Rising` Feb 10 2009, 19:25 PM
But by building flash bangs and rangers you'll have less vees and md's. People will just run away when they see you've evac'd

+
# 14syrana Feb 11 2009, 01:12 AM
Thanks for the guide, this is very helpful to reason through. So, I assume that there are really few situations where you'd actually go raptors?

+
# 15PussyGalore Feb 11 2009, 01:31 AM
i wouldn´t say so cause raptors are still your best good choice... few Rangers at the right spots might help you biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by PussyGalore: Feb 12 2009, 14:50 PM

+
# 16CheeKy` Feb 11 2009, 01:55 AM
But by building flash bangs and rangers you'll have less vees and md's. People will just run away when they see you've evac'd

Naah not really. When I would attack my opponent with 3md/2rangers(each vee), Ive 3 vees/2ambos or 1 and I didnt drop.

He dropped me and it wasnt very effective(lost a dozer and had to quit collecting).

Now its later in the game and I attack with the units named above. Knowing tht he fucked up his drop and I took the FB upgrade and had to quit collecting for a short time. He probably has 1 or 2 more hummers filled with MDs.

This would give him 5 hummers all filled with 3MDs each and a single ambulance.

Now it comes to the clash, its around his base and I passed the middle already. We both use drones so our MDs are shooting at them, the hummers take hardly any damage and I decide to pop 1 hummer so tht I can LL his. His hummer dies but he was able to get the MDs out. He ran with the other hummers(his MDs died meanwhile).

With the hummers I didnt get my inf out, I chose to go rampaging inside his base. At this time he cant run away anymore unless he want to lose his sups and a part of his base.

If he gets too close Ill just get my inf out and he cant do anything besides popping as well, else he would lose full hummers against LLing MDs.

Ofcourse this is the perfect scenario but I just wanted to show my idea. You are right about the "run away" part but when 3 MDs are able to LL a single hummer the chances tht it dies are quite high. He has to pop his inf sooner or later anyway....Also its not always possible to run away.

This post has been edited by CheeKy`: Feb 11 2009, 01:55 AM

+
# 17Rising` Feb 11 2009, 09:06 AM
But in decent games each player is constantly harassing; your opponent isn't gonna sit in his base and wait for 5 vees all with 3 md's. When he has say 3 rockvees he'll attack 2 down one flank and 1 down the other and you won't possibly able to defend yourself.

If you try flashvees you'll just get rings run around you.

-e- I'd never go raptors, too expensive, don't kill a vee in 1 and take too long to reload.

This post has been edited by Rising`: Feb 11 2009, 09:10 AM

+
# 18spalding Feb 11 2009, 14:04 PM
this is the problem with theory talk vs ingame experience. fb rangers sound good on paper but you can't afford to get them vs a good player, unless you go dual rax.

Clan: Order Of The Elites

+
# 19CheeKy` Feb 11 2009, 18:37 PM
this is the problem with theory talk vs ingame experience. fb rangers sound good on paper but you can't afford to get them vs a good player, unless you go dual rax.

Uhm yep.
But in decent games each player is constantly harassing; your opponent isn't gonna sit in his base and wait for 5 vees all with 3 md's. When he has say 3 rockvees he'll attack 2 down one flank and 1 down the other and you won't possibly able to defend yourself.

Thts why I always put 2 MDs on the flanks...Tbh with you I hardly get FB myself but when I can get it and afford it I definitely think its worth it...You are right though, vs an aggressive USA you wont be able to get FB when you dont have 2 raxes.

+
# 20Do-Not-Rename-Me Feb 13 2009, 01:21 AM
Nice guide, helped. smile.gif

Game: Modern Warfare 2

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)