Explore GameReplays...

The Asian Dynasties

[AoE3] HERO/Moony vs Yujin/CrackerKr

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1HERO Nov 23 2005, 20:39 PM
The game started out with my Spain executing a hard rush on France's economy. Everything goes pretty well untill I see them play the TEAM Skrimisher card. They both follow with Skrimies and I pull back but notice Spain turtling with Towers. I read him pretty well and go up to Fortress along with him. The first major battle went very poorly. Moony was afk or something and didn't hear a single thing I say, thus causing a major defeat. They advance, we push them back, we advance, they push us back, and we basically KILL eachother in a 40-minute bloodbath with non-stop action.

We raided the shit outta France, France raided the shit outta us. This replay truely shows the power of counter-unit balance and proper Dragoon Micro. Come check out this awesome replay! You won't be disappointed.

Reminder: Moony's pretty new on Ventrillo (the voice program that we use). Whether he just doesn't hear me communicating or he wasn't thinking right.. well.. Moony just wasn't Moony this game.

Vgg none-the-less. A review would be nice.

Attached File(s)
Attached File HEROMoony_YujinCrackerKr.zip
Size: 606.65k
Size (unzipped): 644.88k
Number of downloads: 700
Player Name Side Team
HERO 1
Moony 1
CrackerKr 2
Yujin 2

Clan: EPIC

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 2Moony Nov 23 2005, 21:13 PM
Yes, was a very good game.

As lame as it sounds, my phone rang at the same time the first major battle happened wacko.gif

This is an awesome game. At one point I was sure we'd lost. I had no military left, and somehow we pulled it off. Very much a gg

Game: Call of Duty 4

+
# 3Annatar Nov 23 2005, 21:14 PM
QUOTE(MoOnY @ Nov 23 2005, 10:13 PM) *

As lame as it sounds, my phone rang at the same time the first major battle happened wacko.gif

Why answer it?

+
# 4Moony Nov 23 2005, 21:27 PM
lol, I'm not going to give up my friends for a game tongue.gif

+
# 5HERO Nov 23 2005, 23:21 PM
QUOTE(MoOnY @ Nov 23 2005, 04:27 PM) *

lol, I'm not going to give up my friends for a game tongue.gif

Yes you are noob.

+
# 6Moony Nov 23 2005, 23:30 PM
sad.gif

+
# 7Uptown Nov 23 2005, 23:35 PM
lol will watch tbh. biggrin.gif

I need a partner for 2v2's sad.gif

+
# 8keno190 Nov 23 2005, 23:55 PM
QUOTE(Chun-a-Lun @ Nov 23 2005, 06:35 PM) *

lol will watch tbh. biggrin.gif

I need a partner for 2v2's sad.gif

tbh, i suck at 2v2's.......
and i suck at 1v1's.......

WELL? TRAINING!! no more midterms baby!!!!

Clan: aeon

Game: Graphics

+
# 9keno190 Nov 24 2005, 04:28 AM
ok....
so here's my OFFICIAL review

HERO - Spain & Moony - Dutch

VERSUS

Yujin - Spain & crackerkr

Team Overview
HERO goes for a fast rod and musket rush, but seeing that Yujin was going for a FF, HERO also went FF, Moony in the early game, was dormant due to a friend's phone call that abruptly interrupted him.
TEAM 1 countered basically everything TEAM 2 threw at them! I felt Moony wasn't aggresive at all in the game., sad.gif

TEAM 1
HERO - Spain

Pros...

☺ Got to Colonial and Fortress. thum.gif
☺ Treasure digger!
☺ Excellent micro. as usual. mellow.gif tongue.gif, Your dragoon use was AWESOME! From stagger to melee when attacking coureurs/cannons to increase damage was just genius of you!
☺ Countered everything they ever threw at the both of you.
☺ Nice job of using towers to protect your resources. thum.gif

Cons...

☺ Aside from all those lancers dying, a great played game! thumb.gif

Score - 8 bowdown.gif

Moony - Dutch

Pros...

☺ Mass Skirms and Ruyters.
☺ Got TPs
☺ Had superb eco! You got to Industrial!

Cons...

☺ Stupid phone call, well, you won't want to lose your friends eh? biggrin.gif
☺ Well, you made some HUGE mistakes TBH, when you attacked without HERO, and the one where your entire art division got wiped out by cuirassiers,... sad.gif

Score - 6
Team Score - 8. YOU WON! pirate.gif

TEAM 2
☺ TEAMWORK was their main tactic, when both of you pushed, you really pushed hard. France getting Team Age2 skirms to deal with moony's skirms was great thinking.
Yujin - Spain

Pros...

☺ You got to Industrial! Way to go!
☺ Nice eco! thum.gif You were always ahead of the money race! well, that is, after colonial age. but still good!
☺ Able to hold many attacks from HERO & Moony! Nice Job!
☺ Nice job of using towers to protect your resources. thum.gif
☺ Using falconets to break TEAM 1's siege was bright! banana.gif

Cons...

☺ Idle villies.

Score =8. Nicely played! thumb.gif

crackerkr - French

Pros...

☺ Age2 skirmishers! pirate.gif
☺ Although it killed you later, those cuirassier raids were pretty much effective in taking out moony's peons. But his eco went unphased because he had 3 out of 4 TPs and had so much resources... sad.gif
☺ Comeback, after that slump early game.

Cons...

☺ You went for MASS cuirassier..You'd be losing your eco way too fast. sad.gif
☺ Little protection for coureurs, when you got raided, you lost half of your coureurs. sad.gif

Score = 7
Team Score - 7. You lost sad.gif still, very well-played game. pirate.gif

CONGRATS PROMOTED to ELITE and ROTW contender! wub.gif

This post has been edited by HERO: Nov 24 2005, 05:23 AM

Clan: aeon

+
# 10Chen Nov 24 2005, 13:33 PM
1337ness rep tbh numchuks.gif

+
# 11Drakey Nov 24 2005, 13:45 PM
lol was pretty good game imo wud have loved to of heard ur screaming when u needed moony help but gg , nice mixing

+
# 12HERO Nov 24 2005, 14:30 PM
QUOTE(Drakey @ Nov 24 2005, 08:45 AM) *

lol was pretty good game imo wud have loved to of heard ur screaming when u needed moony help but gg , nice mixing

1/2 of this game consisted of me yelling at Moony.

wub.gif

+
# 13Drakey Nov 24 2005, 16:13 PM
lol i can imagne^^

+
# 14Moony Nov 24 2005, 19:49 PM
banana.gif

Spam noob buff0mc.gif

This post has been edited by Annatar: Nov 24 2005, 19:51 PM

+
# 15CowGoMoo Nov 25 2005, 23:44 PM
Moo. im bored, gonna watch a good replay ^^ BRB. *cows review soon, woot*

Wow LONG GAME OMG OMG OMG.

Anyways...GG overall, though 15 dozen times i was saying to myself, how did that impermeable barrier get there that prevents military access to the NW half of the map yet villigers can get there. So much raiding potential from both sides the entire game omg. eg. yellow spammed pikes instead of rods *those rods did virtually no dmg vs skrims + cannons, no, they r not cav substitues....* he could have decimated HEROs economy, esp considering the groupings n1qshok.gif cav r meant to run, not walk next to inf. so y group them with 2 Xbows? I saw hero attempting a raid once in the NW< but failed bc uber leet sloooow 2 Xbows slowed down his 30 cav army... n1qshok.gif. Good use of cannons, poor use of support units. Just cause pikes can charge skrims doesnt mean they should, they r meant to defend ur cannons... also, no goons at all for the french/spain side wow... goons vs lancers = *laff*. early game, they could have also nailed 3 of heros villis hunting out in the far east all alone and unguarded ^^ esp being on the defensive a small raid would go unnoticed for a few seconds while hero was busy, very busy, microing his rods/ muskets from thsoe Xbows. Overall was a good game but these r jsut some things that made me mad while watching the game. Good teamswork at some points, no so good at others due to... *Caugh phone* also, at one point france had 9 outa 27 villis idle! omg, uber eco management deficit. yellow spain also had same prob, though was far better with his eco and produced villis at a more consistent rate then anyone else, not sure about moony, he dun count ^^ *caugh phone* good tower placement in general early game, but I felt hero had a tower guarding nothing but trees near his base wen it could have been placed in a forward position while the enemy was preoccupied defending. I saw a perfect spot guarding a gold mine/ in a tree choke point making it easy for skrims to defend behind. hmmm wat else. such a long 38 min game i saw sooooo much crap wow, good and bad. very entertaining though, I was sad, very sad, wen i saw peeps advancing to age4 for no reason *look at me im in age 4 oh yay but damn, i cant afford imperial unit upgradesO-o* oh yes, now i remember, i was gonna say a church would have been handy for healing wounded falconets. at some points, moony esp had 1 hpish falconets *3 of them at 1 particular time* and a priest-2 could have healed them to full hp and make them much more effective, easily paying off the church/priest cost, jsut dont lose them and save them for later too ^^ well I think im done, gonna eat some food, l8r.

Moo.

This post has been edited by CowGoMoo: Nov 26 2005, 00:36 AM

Game: The Asian Dynasties

+
# 16HERO Nov 26 2005, 00:50 AM
That game was way too hectic.

A billion things going on at once.. very easy for someone to point such things out after a game they didn't play.

Cow wink.gif

+
# 17CowGoMoo Nov 26 2005, 01:34 AM
its on normal game speed, i watched w/out fog most of time, hectic, yes, but less so with more outposts *some points u guys had 1k wood each* ect. tongue.gif speed is important, hence hotkeys r important. Just saying a bunch of things thats all ^^

Almsot lvl 15 germany now, i got uber mercs now ^^ biggrin.gif

+
# 18HERO Nov 26 2005, 03:22 AM
QUOTE(CowGoMoo @ Nov 25 2005, 08:34 PM) *

its on normal game speed, i watched w/out fog most of time, hectic, yes, but less so with more outposts *some points u guys had 1k wood each* ect. tongue.gif speed is important, hence hotkeys r important. Just saying a bunch of things thats all ^^

Almsot lvl 15 germany now, i got uber mercs now ^^ biggrin.gif

Good ^^

Let's play soon. EPIC power!

+
# 19Moony Nov 26 2005, 17:18 PM
Age4 = mortars

+
# 20CowGoMoo Nov 26 2005, 22:03 PM
age4 cost how much? isnt it like 2000 food and 1200 gold or somthing? ne ways a combine 3000 resource cost... u may as well get 6 falconets instead, and own his buildings with those instead of mortars + flexability! IMo mortars suck unless your portugal ^^ i just dont like going to age4, never play to get there in a real game.

BTW, im lvl 17 germany as of the moment, so i have uber cards, all i want now is palastine estatses (sp?) damn houses ^^ now sure how useful it will be though, i dont stay in age2 too long, germany age2 cant beat most other civs in age2 i found out, not in the open field ne ways. no muskets/skirmishers and uhlans r only really good at raiding/cannon owning unless u got a ton of them. playing that house card in age3 would feel like a waste, bc i use all my shipments on mercs if i can afford it, or unit cards to save myself from destruction if i must. mercs take so much pop though wacko.gif its like 30 for riders and 28 for jaegers or somthing, geeeez. Moo.

This post has been edited by CowGoMoo: Nov 26 2005, 22:08 PM

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)