Explore GameReplays...

Red Alert 3

Hall of Fame Vote: Insane mirror on BBB!!

Should this replay be in the Hall of Fame?
65.12% (28)
Yes
34.88% (15)
No

Total Votes: 43

Closed Topic Start new topic
# 1Replaysystem May 23 2015, 09:51 AM

Please vote on whether you feel this replay deserves to be in the Hall of Fame.
This poll will close on May 30 2015, 09:51 AM.

If you want to vote on this replay's promotion to the Hall of Fame, there are things you can look out for that make this replay stand out from other replays.
This will ensure that the replay truly deserves to be in the Hall of Fame.

In a short summary, here is what makes a replay worthy of being in the Hall of Fame:
  • Neither of the players made any major mistakes, only minor mistakes made the difference
  • The replay shows a rarely seen strategy, which somehow was pulled off despite the opponent's best attempts to counter it
  • The replay is unusually entertaining, making this replay one of a kind
A more detailed explanation of the Hall of Fame.

+
# 2Constable Chris May 23 2015, 09:55 AM
Yes.

Clan: H2O

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 3zokker13 May 23 2015, 10:30 AM
No.

Game: None

+
# 4GBHmichael May 23 2015, 10:45 AM
It's a yes from me.

The game is so back and forth that you can never really tell who will take the win until right at the end. They both used unusual but effective tactics like double AF and even some superweapons.

There were a few big micro mistakes, mainly Vindies' decision to take the attack with 4 shrunken athenas at the end when he could have pulled back into a much more favourable position and Vindies' aircraft carrier attempts. But having some micro mistakes like these is inevitable in a 27 minute long game and in the end, it just gave Happy the chance to put the nail in the coffin.

+
# 5who cares May 23 2015, 11:33 AM
this game could be ended much earlier after HM made 3 ref in water he could have went for t3 and all what he was in need of after his harassment with cryo was 1 single carrier and it would be over , also there was other stuff but the main reason for no is this game was prolonged due to bad decisions

+
# 6excelgeek May 23 2015, 17:42 PM
@who cares

One can say about that to any HOF replays.

Every game played has a "should of, would of, could of" element.

+
# 7Eminence May 24 2015, 01:33 AM
This is a sure yes.

Only sour grapes can justify a no here (*cough* ZOKKER *cough*)

;-)

Clan: m8s

+
# 8zokker13 May 24 2015, 09:59 AM
QUOTE(Eminence @ May 24 2015, 02:33 AM) *

This is a sure yes.

Only sour grapes can justify a no here (*cough* ZOKKER *cough*)

;-)

Why should I justify a 'no' if Chris didn't justify a 'yes'?
There's no rule that says I need to do that.

Game: None

+
# 9{DO}-LiquidOCELOT May 24 2015, 10:03 AM
I havent watched the replay, but i am glad that a replay got 20+ wubs cause earlier some people were suggesting for 15 wubs you should be selected for hof i dont know why so many people are giving away so many suggestions these days, any how i will watch the replay and give my feed back soon cheers!

Clan: DiVerSiTy

+
# 10Constable Chris May 24 2015, 10:15 AM
QUOTE(zokker13 @ May 24 2015, 09:59 AM) *

Why should I justify a 'no' if Chris didn't justify a 'yes'?
There's no rule that says I need to do that.

If you want a justification:

I used to think that AvA was a boring match up. However this replay and a few others changed my mind about that. I liked how almost everything was put to use in this match: Cryos,aircraft carriers,mirages , dual af, mcv pushes. It is a mix of multiple strategies coming into play.

A back and forth game, where you cant tell whos gonna win until the very end.Intense moments, and lots variations with unit uses.

+
# 11who cares May 24 2015, 10:51 AM
QUOTE(excelgeek @ May 23 2015, 17:42 PM) *

@who cares

One can say about that to any HOF replays.

Every game played has a "should of, would of, could of" element.

@excelgeek

1st read this http://www.gamereplays.org/community/index...E=01&HID=29

and read this well too
1- Neither of the players made any major mistakes, only minor mistakes made the difference ( NO)
The decision-making was very good ( NO)
The replay might show a rarely seen strategy ( NO)

no personal matters it is about voting for desreved replay and if u would like to see really better replays that deserve to be in HOF take alook

and there is more
ps : it dosnt mean if i vote no for this replay that both players are bad but just this replay is not the best they can do as well as the hof replay should be and gl next for them and i wish to see better replays next time

+
# 12GBHmichael May 24 2015, 11:32 AM
QUOTE(who cares @ May 24 2015, 10:51 AM) *

@excelgeek

1st read this http://www.gamereplays.org/community/index...E=01&HID=29

and read this well too
1- Neither of the players made any major mistakes, only minor mistakes made the difference ( NO)

no personal matters it is about voting for desreved replay and if u would like to see really better replays that deserve to be in HOF take alook

and there is more
ps : it dosnt mean if i vote no for this replay that both players are bad but just this replay is not the best they can do as well as the hof replay should be and gl next for them and i wish to see better replays next time

Watch some HoF games. Not all of them are amazing now but at the time they were exceptional. And that is exactly what the HoF should be, a place to highlight exceptional play. Just because some replays that you believe should have got in haven't, shouldn't deny new ones the opportunity. The best way to look at it is to consider each HoF poll seperately and vote yes or no based on your opinion of that game alone (And this is also my opinion of the expert system).

+
# 13{DO}-LiquidOCELOT May 24 2015, 11:51 AM
I dont understand why people are getting bashed when they think this replay is not worthy of hof, if they think it isnt then he shouldn't be judged at all thats the right George Washington gave him. Free expression of no or yes shouldn't be bashed at all.

+
# 14LTLaimis May 24 2015, 11:59 AM
200% Huge YES!!!!!!!!

+
# 15Vindies May 24 2015, 15:29 PM
QUOTE(who cares @ May 23 2015, 12:33 PM) *

this game could be ended much earlier after HM made 3 ref in water he could have went for t3 and all what he was in need of after his harassment with cryo was 1 single carrier and it would be over , also there was other stuff but the main reason for no is this game was prolonged due to bad decisions

This is not true. You make an invalid assumption of ceteris paribus (other things being equal). It would take him long time at that point to go T3 and get out an AC and I would have adapted to that. Happy would most likely have lost his main.

QUOTE(who cares @ May 24 2015, 11:51 AM) *

and read this well too

Disagreed. I would vote yes to all of these. In a game that is almost 30 minutes long, there do of course have to be mistakes - that is completely inevitable. We both made a bunch of minor mistakes: I didn't get full value for going T3 navy, for my T3 athena push, Happy lost much infantry 2 times due to cryogeddon that was not spotted due to heavy multitask other places etc. If we both played perfectly, the game wouldn't be so interesting.

who cares / Iroi, what is a rarely seen strategy? 7 years after the release of the game, we have pretty much seen every viable unit combination and cheese. If you take that fact into consideration, I will consider dual AF in an AvA, spy infiltrating a powerplant, SW and tanya as rare. Especially when it's all in the very same game...

Btw, it also seems like you 'forgot' two of the 5 HoF criteria:
- The replay is unusually entertaining, making this one of a kind
- The players show great knowledge of the map and their strategy

Since I was a part of this replay, I am biased and would usually stay out of the discussion. However, I really think those statements are bad.

This is the only replay in 2015 that reached the 20 wubs. I thought no replay would do that and I was mistaken. It's totally alright to vote no as LiquidOcelot says, but it would be nice to hear more opinions - especially from those who voted no.

+
# 16Inspector RaGe May 24 2015, 16:45 PM
HoF or not, that's a lot of wubs in a very short time! biggrin.gif

+
# 17Vernierleader May 24 2015, 18:52 PM
Epic game I vote yes for sure! smile.gif

+
# 18who cares May 24 2015, 19:03 PM
QUOTE(Vindies @ May 24 2015, 15:29 PM) *

This is not true. You make an invalid assumption of ceteris paribus (other things being equal). It would take him long time at that point to go T3 and get out an AC and I would have adapted to that. Happy would most likely have lost his main.

1st after u lost 2 collectors and u were busy too spam apollos and after all u lost AIr superiority he could made t3 since he is t2 so while ur busy with defense he could have it in time also u didnt have any javs to break walls and u were t1 and ur eco was 3 credits or 35 so how u will defend against AC with dogs ????? u had at this moments only PKS and ithink few riptides would do great job against them and how u will defend ur MCV from being bombed by AC ??

+
# 19Vindies May 24 2015, 19:24 PM
QUOTE(who cares @ May 24 2015, 20:03 PM) *

1st after u lost 2 collectors and u were busy too spam apollos and after all u lost AIr superiority he could made t3 since he is t2 so while ur busy with defense he could have it in time also u didnt have any javs to break walls and u were t1 and ur eco was 3 credits or 35 so how u will defend against AC with dogs ????? u had at this moments only PKS and ithink few riptides would do great job against them and how u will defend ur MCV from being bombed by AC ??

You are wrong. He could not just go AC as easy as you say. After 3rd ref, 1st AF he moved his MCV to the high ground 4th ref location and scouted that I was already there with a rax and almost a turret out. Therefore, he moved his MCV back to the water to make his 4th ref on the 5th ref spot. He made navy after 4th ref. Keep in mind that he also had to rebuild apollos and spam inf in his main base to hold out against my push. He did neither have money nor time to get out the AC without sacrificing much elsewhere. Based on the information (through scouting) he had at the time, he made good decisions.

+
# 20{DO}-LiquidOCELOT May 24 2015, 20:52 PM
QUOTE(who cares @ May 24 2015, 19:03 PM) *

so how u will defend against AC with dogs ?????

Havent even watched the replay no disrespect to any one but this just made my day

IPB Image

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)