Explore GameReplays...

Heroes of Newerth

Day/Night cycle

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Maru Apr 22 2014, 17:13 PM
Is the day and night cycle still in existance in HoN? I never even noticed it when I was playing the beta years ago, but I've returned to hon and heard something about it. Wondering if it is still there and what the perks of each cycle.

Clan: New Generation

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2

+
# 2MiniDonbeE Apr 25 2014, 05:44 AM
Ok, yes, there's a cycle, every 7:30 seconds it switches from day to night, all heroes are affected, for example, at night it's a little bit better to gank, why? because vision is impaired by a significant margin, it give your opponents about half a second less to react to a gank, so basically if you're a carry you want to be farming in the day and you want to be a little bit more careful at night because you are more susceptible to ganks. Also, it affects junglers because the creeps go to sleep, so that you can't stack them as easily.... and it affects solstice, the hero, he has a day form and a night form, his nightform is more carryish, whilst his day form is a little better for farming and being useful( has a reliable stun + good slow + good aoe damage) where as the night one has a reliable slow+ a fear effect+ more single target damage.

So yes buddy, it affects the game, it doesn't really make you play completely different but atleast in high mmr games you will notice you get ganked more at night.... it takes 25% of your vision I think, it doesn't affect wards, so wards at night are more important. Pretty sure its from 1200 to 800? vision or something like that, some heroes like bubs used to have better night vision but they were all normalised long ago.

Game: Heroes of Newerth

+
# 3Maru Apr 30 2014, 18:14 PM
Wow was not aware of that at all. I assumed the creeps slept all the time in the newer patches. Thanks for the explanation

Clan: New Generation

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2

+
# 4MiniDonbeE May 13 2014, 05:43 AM
This means that if you're a support stacking, it is better to do it in the day that at night, you can stack like 2-3 camps in daylight, where as night time you can do 2 max.

Game: Heroes of Newerth

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)