Explore GameReplays...

Red Alert 3

Watching ancient replays (2009)

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1whalecoresc Feb 19 2024, 19:13 PM
Hey, I'm xantir/Whalecore. I was a fairly active player and forum poster way back in the days (account not accessible anymore T_T). I'm trying to figure out if I can watch those way early replays somehow. I know the game used to come with the option to start up on previous patches, but I can't figure out how to do this with the EA/Origin version. I've tried the guide in the Tech Support section, but it doesn't seem to work with the newer version of the game.

Can I load up the v 1.09 patch and watch this one somehow?
https://www.gamereplays.org/redalert3/repla...ls&id=74020

And, any other old timers still around? biggrin.gif I think many of us got swallowed up by the SC2 launch in 2010.
Cheers!

Game: 8bit Armies, Hordes and Invaders

+
# 2Warprism Feb 19 2024, 19:18 PM
why you try to watch old and noob replays ? just don't ask help for this sleep.gif

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 3Feanor Feb 19 2024, 20:25 PM
QUOTE(Warprism @ Feb 19 2024, 20:18 PM) *

why you try to watch old and noob replays ? just don't ask help for this sleep.gif

For nostalgia's sake smile.gif it's quite entertaining.

@Whalecoresc, I can help you restore access to your account, you can PM me.

Game: Minecraft

+
# 4cwedvin Feb 19 2024, 20:29 PM
Welcome back buddy, I will redirect a senior tech supporter here to assist you in this as they may be able to help ya in this.

Clan: Cant win

+
# 5whalecoresc Feb 19 2024, 22:47 PM
Cheeers guys! Happy to see active people here still smile.gif

Game: 8bit Armies, Hordes and Invaders

+
# 6Whalecore Feb 20 2024, 11:10 AM
I'm back baby! Thanks, Faenor! <3

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 7cwedvin Feb 20 2024, 16:51 PM
Now that's an old account biggrin.gif

+
# 8Whalecore Feb 21 2024, 10:24 AM
I managed to load up the old replay using the steam version of the game and adding -ui in launch options to get the Game Browser and launching the replay from there.

Happy times. Gonna check out those sweet 2009 meta builds now! biggrin.gif

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 9Cervanthes Feb 21 2024, 12:50 PM
QUOTE(whalecoresc @ Feb 19 2024, 19:13 PM) *

Hey, I'm xantir/Whalecore. I was a fairly active player and forum poster way back in the days (account not accessible anymore T_T). I'm trying to figure out if I can watch those way early replays somehow. I know the game used to come with the option to start up on previous patches, but I can't figure out how to do this with the EA/Origin version. I've tried the guide in the Tech Support section, but it doesn't seem to work with the newer version of the game.

Can I load up the v 1.09 patch and watch this one somehow?
https://www.gamereplays.org/redalert3/repla...ls&id=74020

And, any other old timers still around? biggrin.gif I think many of us got swallowed up by the SC2 launch in 2010.
Cheers!

You wont be able to load these replays from within the games replay launcher because the version wont match and either result in a crash or being stuck on the screen. What you can do however is as you found out yourself now is to start the game up using the -ui parameter in the advanced launch options. and launching the replay from there since the game didnt load up a specific version yet (i do recommend using LanYis quickloader for that as well since it makes the whole thing just a bit faster) should the replay still not be able to be loaded then you can acquire most older game versions from Moddb and cnc labs and specify them on start up as a launch parameter

QUOTE(Whalecore @ Feb 21 2024, 10:24 AM) *

I managed to load up the old replay using the steam version of the game and adding -ui in launch options to get the Game Browser and launching the replay from there.

Happy times. Gonna check out those sweet 2009 meta builds now! biggrin.gif

Fantastic! Enjoy my friend

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)