Explore GameReplays...

CNC Zero Hour

how gamereplays work

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1SilentSoulx Feb 28 2024, 21:18 PM

I participated in my first tournament, specifically the Master and Apprentice 5. I would like to understand how tournaments operate on gamereplays, many people including me sign in before others and our name added in Reserves,for example player 9. BogomDaniy and 6. Bugs`Bunny was from first 10 who signed in, they placed in Reserves, while
45. HuMaN1ty
46. Madara
47. SeriouslySerious (Seri)
48. ApOcALyPs',
was last 4 signed in the tournament joined, can someone explain to me how this work?

I'm not here to flame anybody, but I just can't understand that!

1. -ExiLe`
2. Hsn`Leb
3. -Lift-TruCK^
4. heso^^
5. Vanko552
6. Bugs`Bunny
7. HOHRT
8. TumStep256
9. BogomDaniy
10. Fargo
11. Majesta
12. _spL_
13. `ReNgo^
14. ItzDark (Arez)
15. MoJo_JoJo
16. bigGanja
17. DaTaMissinG
18. MS_03
19. Justice_tryhard
20. Abuka
21. jasZH
22. Druncle
23. Killer'
24. -NickName
25. --POPO--
26. Taikashii
27. Makaveli44
28. MEGAHUGEEWHOOPN
29. OoE-ExCaL^
30. MaRs
31. -GuDe
32. Staney
33. SilentSoulx
34. ^GoRiLa^
35. stilvior
36. Prodigy
37. AbbasMannn
38. -Memphis^
39. AnT1_Pr0
40. THEGAME03
41. {Air} SteLLa^
42. Kin9TOX1C
43. PePsI.
44. BSTONED
45. HuMaN1ty
46. Madara
48. ApOcALyPs'

Pot 1:
8. TumStep256
16. bigGanja
27. Makaveli44
29. OoE-ExCaL^
45. HuMaN1ty
3. -Lift-TruCK^

Pot 2:
2. Hsn`Leb
1. -ExiLe`
14. ItzDark (Arez)
15. MoJo_JoJo
12. _spL_
48. ApOcALyPs'
22. Druncle
5. Vanko552

Pot 3:
4. heso^^
39. AnT1_Pr0
43. PePsI.
25. --POPO--
46. Madara
7. HOHRT
36. Prodigy
38. -Memphis^

Pot 4:
42. Kin9TOX1C
21. jasZH
26. Taikashii
41. {Air} SteLLa^
17. DaTaMissinG
28. MEGAHUGEEWHOOPN
35. stilvior

Reserves:
6. Bugs`Bunny
11. Majesta
13. `ReNgo^
18. MS_03
20. Abuka
23. Killer'
30. MaRs
31. -GuDe
32. Staney
33. SilentSoulx
34. ^GoRiLa^
37. AbbasMannn
40. THEGAME03
44. BSTONED
9. BogomDaniy
19. Justice_tryhard

+
# 2fastAiR Feb 28 2024, 21:19 PM
no idea, but proven players who are known to be good will be given preference over unknown players.

If I joined something, they would kick me for Hummi for example. Don't take it personally. Build up more of a presence here and get good.

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 3Leikeze Feb 28 2024, 21:53 PM
You don't appear to have any tournament record, which would be the most likely reason for your exclusion, even though you were on the reserves list.

A reserves list isn't a guarantee like the participants list is. Those who signed up first obviously must be guaranteed a spot in the standard tournament signup or you'd have chaos. As for those in reserve, the host(s) has it in his best interest to choose the most trustworthy players from that list to participate in the event, for the good of everyone else, as opposed to choosing somebody that he doesn't know and having that player (potentially) screw up the event schedule.

QUOTE(fastAiR @ Feb 28 2024, 16:19 PM) *

no idea, but proven players who are known to be good will be given preference over unknown players.

If I joined something, they would kick me for Hummi for example. Don't take it personally. Build up more of a presence here and get good.

As far as I know, it's your participation record that gives preference over being highly skilled. That's why F------d and other's would get picked last in some cases due to too many dropouts or prolonged arrangements on the record.

This post has been edited by Leikeze: Feb 28 2024, 21:58 PM

Clan: WbG

+
# 4fastAiR Feb 28 2024, 21:57 PM
QUOTE(Leikeze @ Feb 28 2024, 21:53 PM) *

As far as I know, it's your participation record that gives preference over being highly skilled. That's why F------d and other's would get picked last in some cases due to too many dropouts or prolonged arrangements on the record.

Yea.

Also depends level of tourney.

+
# 5Leikeze Feb 28 2024, 21:59 PM
QUOTE(fastAiR @ Feb 28 2024, 16:57 PM) *

Yea.

Also depends level of tourney.

If it's a tournament for Pro players and we both signed up, I'd hope the host knew to deny us would be a mercy.

+
# 6fastAiR Feb 28 2024, 22:04 PM
QUOTE(Leikeze @ Feb 28 2024, 21:59 PM) *

If it's a tournament for Pro players and we both signed up, I'd hope the host knew to deny us would be a mercy.

lol, well I would withdraw 3 days later anyway if they didn't xD

Thats a thing here anyway, joining tourneys your either under or overqualified for. Then you complain when they say no.
Roll, Firelord, and Exile strats++

+
# 7-DoMiNaToR- Feb 28 2024, 23:23 PM
the handling of that was unprofessional, everyone should have been given a chance, otherwise it should have been ultra clear in the rules that if you're not known you will be made a reserve (whatever that means anyway).

+
# 8-M00NKN1GHT^ Feb 28 2024, 23:41 PM
QUOTE(-DoMiNaToR- @ Feb 28 2024, 23:23 PM) *

the handling of that was unprofessional, everyone should have been given a chance, otherwise it should have been ultra clear in the rules that if you're not known you will be made a reserve (whatever that means anyway).

QUOTE(-M00NKN1GHT^ @ Feb 18 2024, 14:05 PM) *

(Everyone that signs up may not be able to play.)

Erm can you tell me if that makes clear?

Clan: Legends at War

Game: None

+
# 9-DoMiNaToR- Feb 28 2024, 23:56 PM
QUOTE(-M00NKN1GHT^ @ Feb 28 2024, 23:41 PM) *

I didn’t see that tbh, it’s in bold like it’s part of the title of that section. It’s not clear from that sentence who will play etc, should be a lot more clear. Guys were excited to play then get left out unexpectedly is not a good look, can do better

+
# 10SilentSoulx Feb 29 2024, 00:51 AM
QUOTE(Leikeze @ Feb 28 2024, 21:53 PM) *

You don't appear to have any tournament record, which would be the most likely reason for your exclusion, even though you were on the reserves list.

A reserves list isn't a guarantee like the participants list is. Those who signed up first obviously must be guaranteed a spot in the standard tournament signup or you'd have chaos. As for those in reserve, the host(s) has it in his best interest to choose the most trustworthy players from that list to participate in the event, for the good of everyone else, as opposed to choosing somebody that he doesn't know and having that player (potentially) screw up the event schedule.

i totally understand you , but for example rengo was number 13 and he known , Abuka as well known and many others they sign in before 30 players at least, and went to reserves list, while last 4 people who signed in get joined, i can understand that i noob and 80% of players are better than me that true , and not known, but what about other people known i mean they are alot as i know at least

+
# 11SilentSoulx Feb 29 2024, 00:56 AM
QUOTE(-M00NKN1GHT^ @ Feb 28 2024, 23:41 PM) *

i mean you said this
Format:
Tournament will start once we hit 32 eligible participants or 1st of March (Everyone that signs up may not be able to play..

i already asked you , can i join, you said your name is added.
i cant see that happened but maybe its my bad good luck, you are the host anyway

This post has been edited by SilentSoulx: Feb 29 2024, 01:00 AM

+
# 12Phoenix- Feb 29 2024, 07:24 AM
Please note that this is not a tournament hosted by a GameReplays Referee, so the handling of it might be different.
It is up to Moonknight whom to sign up but I agree, not great if some people can't play due to "soft" reasons.

+
# 13Fargo Feb 29 2024, 07:32 AM
Very unlucky for some of the guys, there.will be always next time guys

(Except rengo), guy lags, hacks and just an awful personality, so its balanced lol

Clan: -HuGe|

+
# 14-NickName Feb 29 2024, 09:30 AM
It is better to be left out, than having to play with Fargo biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Fargo @ Feb 29 2024, 07:32 AM) *

Very unlucky for some of the guys

Indeed, I am so unlucky.

+
# 15Fargo Feb 29 2024, 09:45 AM
QUOTE(-NickName @ Feb 29 2024, 10:30 AM) *

It is better to be left out, than having to play with Fargo biggrin.gif
Indeed, I am so unlucky.

Liar liar liar !!!

Clan: -HuGe|

+
# 16Abuka Feb 29 2024, 10:33 AM
Anyway it's quite interesting(some sort of disrespect ), you should have say that * I will choose players that I want to be see*

+
# 17AnT1_Pr0 Feb 29 2024, 11:11 AM
Guys - this tournament will unfortunately ALWAYS have to let some people down. There simply aren't enough Masters to play with the volume of Apprentices we get signed up sad.gif

It's a tricky balance between keeping people happy, and making sure the tournament is competitive. MoonKnight in theory could have made more teams, but then you'd have players in pot 1 who are not worthy of pot 1... and then they get paired with the weakest pot 4 player and just like that, you have a massive imba.

Please respect the host's decision on this one - it is NOT easy, quite thankless in fact. As one of the main sponsors, he has my full support.

Any further issues, please take it up with me.

+
# 18Fred Smit Feb 29 2024, 11:33 AM
i count 16 reserve players , is it maybe possible if the Master and Apprentice tournament is done, to use the same format with the reserve players?
4 teams of 4 , plus a master ? or some other apprentices added from the big list if needed

+
# 19-DoMiNaToR- Feb 29 2024, 12:10 PM
QUOTE(AnT1_Pr0 @ Feb 29 2024, 11:11 AM) *

Guys - this tournament will unfortunately ALWAYS have to let some people down. There simply aren't enough Masters to play with the volume of Apprentices we get signed up sad.gif

It's a tricky balance between keeping people happy, and making sure the tournament is competitive. MoonKnight in theory could have made more teams, but then you'd have players in pot 1 who are not worthy of pot 1... and then they get paired with the weakest pot 4 player and just like that, you have a massive imba.

Please respect the host's decision on this one - it is NOT easy, quite thankless in fact. As one of the main sponsors, he has my full support.

I’m convinced there’s a lot more combos that could have been made from the list. BSTONED for example is an epic 2v2 player. It seems no attempt made to find out the skill levels.

I would feel ashamed if this tournament was ran on my discord / website. Actually I would take it down

+
# 20SilentSoulx Feb 29 2024, 18:41 PM
QUOTE(AnT1_Pr0 @ Feb 29 2024, 11:11 AM) *

I'm trying to understand the criteria used for selecting players. It appears that some individuals who signed up early were removed, while the last four participants who joined were accepted. Based on what I've gathered from Phoenix, it seems that gamereplays doesn't influence this process; instead, it's left to the discretion of the host. It seems like the host selects players based on personal preferences , I hope everyone has a great time!

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)