Explore GameReplays...

Battle for Middle Earth 2 1.06

Gnomes in-game Teamwork

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1TallMidget Aug 21 2008, 12:25 PM
Alright guys, this has been bothering me most of the two weeks I've been in gnomes. I don't know how the rest of you have done, but I haven't won any team games yet. This is partly because our opponents have been really good, we've got unlucky with our random faction, etc; I'm not blaming anyone. I just think more teamwork is neccesary. I look at our opponents, and its almost like there playing together as one. They're always assisting on attacks, and always covering each other's bases. To be fair, the games I've been in have had some teamwork too, either helping with attacks or defending, but its usually few and far between. I think more communication might help. Tell each other about attacks you could use some extra strenght with, or something nasty your opponent is doing that your having particular problems with.
For the team mate, you should almost always help when they ask, even if it will slightly incoveniance you. Helping with a big attack or helping your ally survive longer is extremely beneficial. I look at it this way: If your ally dies, your in a 1vs2 with pros; you do the math. If you help them win, then your 1 opponent down, and the last will fall soon.
Just something to think about guys in our upcoming team games. Most of us have the skill level to compete in the big leagues here (when I stop playing like I'm on 1.06 it'll be all of us). We just need to work better as a team.

Clan: Gnomes

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2 1.06

+
# 2Crabby Lobster Aug 21 2008, 12:59 PM
it will come with just playing a lot with the same person
once you know all about your mates style of play this all gets much easier
anyway imo the key to team play is just not having inactive units
it doesn't really matter all that much how you use them as long as they aren't wasted or idle
and whenever you need help or want assistance or to alert your ally of something, place a beacon, it's much easier than typing

Game: League of Legends

+
# 3Temporary Aug 21 2008, 15:08 PM
just spiderling spam ftw. they are so OP on Udun.

Clan: Dumbledore's Army

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2

+
# 4TSG_Goliath Aug 21 2008, 15:37 PM
beacons help alot and you have to talk alot like constantly
and if u cant then a quick beacon will suffice most of the time
and communication at the start to know who is making what units helps

+
# 5`KIBbY` Aug 22 2008, 05:18 AM
playing against bud was amazing
they knew everything that was going on
we may lose almost every 2vs2 we play but they're a lot more fun biggrin.gif

+
# 6TSG_Goliath Aug 22 2008, 06:35 AM
try playing AoW they r pro 2v2

+
# 7TallMidget Aug 22 2008, 11:39 AM
QUOTE(`KIBbY` @ Aug 22 2008, 01:18 AM) *

playing against bud was amazing
they knew everything that was going on
we may lose almost every 2vs2 we play but they're a lot more fun biggrin.gif

Well yea, that is kind of what prompted this post biggrin.gif .
I mean, everything we did, they were there. My GW were killing Elves, so wargs and Lurtz come along. Elves became kind of nonexistant on my side Kib; He stopped rebuilding PBs in his base. Did he focus with Isen against you? Until you asked for help with the pikes and zerks, I never heard tell of you.

As for communication, by all means, use beacons. Just rember your ally is there, so that you play like one team instead of two 1vs1s. It of course takes time to know your ally, and this is a relatively new clan, but I think the sooner we work on this, the better.

This post has been edited by TallMidget: Aug 22 2008, 11:41 AM

+
# 8Crabby Lobster Aug 22 2008, 14:07 PM
me and kib have played many a 2vs2
and my cat is trying to squeeze behind a shelf but it isn't working, it can get it's head in but that's it

+
# 9TSG_Goliath Aug 22 2008, 14:35 PM
QUOTE(D35kT1Pp3R @ Aug 22 2008, 10:07 AM) *

and my cat is trying to squeeze behind a shelf but it isn't working, it can get it's head in but that's it

lol happy.gif

+
# 10Crabby Lobster Aug 30 2008, 23:22 PM
i would put this topic in our private forum (cause it's at least a little bit serious) but i don't have perm1ssion
ima pin it instead.

+
# 11Temporary Sep 1 2008, 13:01 PM
if you look at the entire clan forum, it doesn't say anywhere in your powers to 'move this topic' ?

+
# 12Crabby Lobster Sep 1 2008, 15:58 PM
no, it wont let me move it, i tried says "you do not have permission to move this topic"

+
# 13TSG_Goliath Sep 3 2008, 04:15 AM
i can give u guys some decent 2v2 games if u want to see a little team work

not that i am pro or anything or am even a good 2v2 player just saying i could post some if u want

+
# 14TallMidget Sep 3 2008, 12:00 PM
Well, the trouble isn't that we don't know how to work as a team, its just doing it.
Anyone can send money or troops if an ally places a beacon or something. We just need to think to watch our allies and send units without them asking, and alerting them when we can use some help. Basically, experience.
Playing more 2vs2s is probably the best solution, and you can help there Goliath wink.gif .

+
# 15TSG_Goliath Sep 10 2008, 02:32 AM
i ask u guys for 2v2 all the time

+
# 16Forgotten_squonk Sep 12 2008, 20:34 PM
well dudes u need team speak or ventrillo to be able to work in team like top clans wink.gif

+
# 17Sevy Oct 14 2008, 15:41 PM
Or just plan out attack prior to games... My former clan WNx when we played alot did team based strats and won quite abit of our 2v2's vrs top ranked clans.
we got rank 3 one month and I got dwarves champ

we did ALOT of dwarve rush strats with elf support.

To maximise damage work with combos with faction strenghts.

For example what we did was dwarves= strong infantry+elves strong archers= no immediate defense for a quick rush. Or modor/gob spam + knight rush. Just find you high point and have your teammate wokr from there and always have a gameplan before the game. It makes it so much easier.

Those are the only strats I'm going to give you atm but if you let me join your rooster I'll share some more.

Game: Graphics

+
# 18Feanor Feb 9 2011, 20:17 PM
So how's this going?

Game: Minecraft

+
# 19Crabby Lobster Feb 9 2011, 20:46 PM
Gnomes haven't played a 2v2 game in years. It's going poorly.

+
# 20Feanor Feb 9 2011, 20:54 PM
You guys have to raise your ELO!

Game: Minecraft

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)