Explore GameReplays...

Heroes of Newerth

Why Easy Mode is Bad

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 41Wallace Grover Feb 11 2010, 04:11 AM
QUOTE(Phrased @ Feb 11 2010, 03:24 AM) *

I never played EM in dota, but since i started playing HON i found EM to be so much quicker and eventually saw it as, i can get twice as many games done meaning twice as much psr!! (unfortunatly the world doesnt work like this). and started playing EM for about 200 games... But after reading that article i stopped playing EM (havnt played one since). and at first, i got completely man handled. i lost like more then 150 PSR, its been about a week and a bit since then. starting to get my PSR back, and starting to get some really good games in, and starting to wonder why i was ever stupid enough to fall into that EM trap.

*edit* wrote this post to say thank you, but towards the end forgot to say it so.
so,
Thank you for bringing me back to the light torture!

Congratulations!

Game: Dota 2

+
# 42kustodian Feb 11 2010, 09:48 AM
QUOTE(Phrased @ Feb 11 2010, 04:24 AM) *

I never played EM in dota, but since i started playing HON i found EM to be so much quicker and eventually saw it as, i can get twice as many games done meaning twice as much psr!! (unfortunatly the world doesnt work like this). and started playing EM for about 200 games... But after reading that article i stopped playing EM (havnt played one since). and at first, i got completely man handled. i lost like more then 150 PSR, its been about a week and a bit since then. starting to get my PSR back, and starting to get some really good games in, and starting to wonder why i was ever stupid enough to fall into that EM trap.

*edit* wrote this post to say thank you, but towards the end forgot to say it so.
so,

Glad to hear it helped you happy.gif

Game: Heroes of Newerth

+
# 43X-Flame Feb 11 2010, 11:23 AM
I played EM a few games after not having touched it for a few weeks...I got stomped by a 4 carry team. My God that's horrible.

Game: None

+
# 44ToRtUr3 Feb 12 2010, 13:05 PM
QUOTE(Phrased @ Feb 11 2010, 05:24 AM) *

so,

Thanks, much appreciated and glad to hear it helped you. smile.gif

+
# 45Pallando Feb 12 2010, 13:30 PM
EM is fun if you play it in 1 of 10 games or so, but it sucks if you only play EM. I got away from EM right before this article, but it proves what I thought and even showed me things I didn't think about before. biggrin.gif

Nice article tort smile.gif

Clan: Sons of Elendil

Game: Battle for Middle Earth

+
# 46ToRtUr3 Feb 12 2010, 13:38 PM
QUOTE( Pallando @ Feb 12 2010, 15:30 PM) *

EM is fun if you play it in 1 of 10 games or so, but it sucks if you only play EM. I got away from EM right before this article, but it proves what I thought and even showed me things I didn't think about before. biggrin.gif

Nice article tort smile.gif

Yeah, you were one of the reasons I wrote this article. Glad to hear you got away too though. tongue.gif

Oh and thanks. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by ToRtUr3^: Feb 12 2010, 13:38 PM

+
# 47JgPz.Hetzer Feb 12 2010, 15:14 PM
Nice article plus a lot of good infos in it. Thanks so far smile.gif
One point for EM I have though. I´ve played a couple EM games just to see how some combos work out if you´re able to get them. As far as I know it doesnt matter if you play EM or NM the heroes are the same in both modes - statwise. So to wack around with some luxury items EM is not bad. Sure, I can go training to test stuff but there you wont have real heroes to try it on. I have to admit though, it´s better to get into a NM game with 9mates and try stuff out but well, I still think you can play EM games from time to time just for the fun of it and to wack around. Same for all those 5v5 Mirror Hero Matches and stuff like that. Ok, the article basicly says the same but .... well, ok. biggrin.gif

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 48ToRtUr3 Feb 12 2010, 17:25 PM
QUOTE(JgPz.Hetzer @ Feb 12 2010, 17:14 PM) *

Nice article plus a lot of good infos in it. Thanks so far smile.gif
One point for EM I have though. I´ve played a couple EM games just to see how some combos work out if you´re able to get them. As far as I know it doesnt matter if you play EM or NM the heroes are the same in both modes - statwise. So to wack around with some luxury items EM is not bad. Sure, I can go training to test stuff but there you wont have real heroes to try it on. I have to admit though, it´s better to get into a NM game with 9mates and try stuff out but well, I still think you can play EM games from time to time just for the fun of it and to wack around. Same for all those 5v5 Mirror Hero Matches and stuff like that. Ok, the article basicly says the same but .... well, ok. biggrin.gif

It can't hurt to repeat what the article says. tongue.gif biggrin.gif

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)