Steve

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1FirewalkerXT Feb 22 2011, 07:48 AM
R u guys ok, heard about the quake....

Game: Rise of the Witchking 2.01

+
# 2Lord Nevets Feb 22 2011, 22:44 PM
Hey Billy,

Thanks for asking bro, truth be told my family and myself are fine, or home is fine apart from the chimney landing in the neighbours yard and all water in the city is off, we still have phone power and internet ( as we did with the 7.1 quake in september ) but as for the city...well the whole inner city is in ruins, I have seen with my own eyes multi story buildings been leveled and floors pancaked, people have died and many more are trapped. Emergency services are in full swing and doing a great job. I was at work when this quake happend and I was nearly taken out by a large sheet of custom wood that was sitting in a rack, had it hit me it would of been enough to break bones and my workplace is in total ruins. The last quake was alot larger but it was centered just outside the city and was alot deeper, overall less damage was caused...with this quake being 6.3 but alot closer to the city and alot closer to the surface and coming from another direction the damage I would say is far greater. It will take decades to rebuild. There have been constant aftershocks all night long ( very strong ones ) that only serve to keep us all on alert and in a state of panic.

Clan: Elite Hunting

Game: Rise of the Witch King

+
# 3FirewalkerXT Feb 24 2011, 05:38 AM
man I cant even imagine that......its pure crazyness, I obviously hope you, your friends and family the best......are you out of work then for a while? is food and water still accessible? was there any fires from gas leaks or anything?

I just cannot even grasp that, its crazy, keep me posted I am very interested in this in a strange way...

+
# 4FirewalkerXT Feb 24 2011, 05:40 AM
O you know what I just remembered I just built several massive heavy duty AARF airport rescue trucks for New Zealand, I wonder if they are being used! They are like 3 times the size of a normal fire truck lemme know if you see any of these, they should have arrived by now.

+
# 5Lord Nevets Feb 24 2011, 08:51 AM
About half the supermarkets have reopend and there are water collection points set up at schools, petrol is coming in but there are long waits to get it. The main problem is power to about half the homes in the city ( we have been lucky ) and sewage system/water is out everywhere in the city. My mother lives about 40 mins out of the city and they were uneffected so atleast we can go there to do the laundry and have a shower a couple times a week. The bad news is that more and more people have died as more bodies are removed from the rubble in the city ( near 100 deaths so far ) I was able to contact my work today and most people are staying away untill monday because the building needs to be inspected and port-a-loos need to be deployed there for obvious reasons.

+
# 6FirewalkerXT Feb 26 2011, 05:16 AM
has it gotten and better/ worse also what season is it there? summer winter? how hot/cold/rainy/snowy is it?

+
# 7Lord Nevets Feb 26 2011, 11:35 AM
The Death toll is up to 150 ish now and Vital things like water is back on to about half the city but because of broken waste water lines we must boild everything, power is about the same but for most areas it comes on and off. The sand from the liquidfaction is a very fine sand, so when it dries in creates a fine but foul smelling dust that is hell to breath in. I still cant get my head around all of this mate...when we were hit in september it was hard and we only just managed to get back on track and the city on its feet again and in a few seconds we went all the way back to where we were but far worse. More and more international help is coming everyday..From Australia,Japan,UK,USA and more in the way if Red cross search and rescue and donations...Bless them all! Right now we are at the ass end of summer and it is just starting to cool down, it is going to be a long shitty fall/winter for ALOT of people. If you want to donate a dollar or two to the cause there are many places on the net to do that and it would be a huge help but make sure it is not some fucking scammer as there have been reports of some bastards claiming to help.

+
# 8FirewalkerXT Feb 27 2011, 09:04 AM
i was hoping to send you a care package, my son and wife made a card and we have a few goodies from the states, if it wouldnt be too wierd you should pm me your address, it would make me feel better, also I donated a few days ago already to the red cross, via a local radio station, keep me posted, and goodluck

+
# 9CJMAN Mar 2 2011, 01:03 AM
QUOTE(FirewalkerXT @ Feb 27 2011, 02:04 AM) *

i was hoping to send you a care package, my son and wife made a card and we have a few goodies from the states, if it wouldnt be too wierd you should pm me your address, it would make me feel better, also I donated a few days ago already to the red cross, via a local radio station, keep me posted, and goodluck

I would be definitely interested in doing the same, I can't even imagine what you guys are going through...again! Apart from a care package, if you created a PayPal Donation Button, we could help you out in that way too, and I'm sure there are plenty others who want to do so as well, but are unsure how to. For what it's worth, my prayers are with you and your family, and everyone over there, once again. Hoping they can get past this, one more time. As FireWalker said, please continue keeping us updated.

+
# 10Lord Nevets Mar 2 2011, 11:31 AM
Thanks for the kind offer guys but we are not that bad off to be honest, I still have a job and a home ( some of the bloody doors wont shut now because the frames are out of square lol ) and the family are safe and sound. So once again we are the lucky ones, I tell you tho this lack of water sucks a fat one...I smell like hell because I can only get one shower in a week and even worse is this micro fine sand left by the liquefaction, the streets are filled with it and after it dried out the piles of it get caught in the wind and create these massive sand/dust clouds and today there was a very strong wind wacko.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvYKcCS_J7Y

Every street has mountains of this shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2hwBgRtBjQ

Footage moments after the quake...look a couple mins into the clip.

Deathtoll today...160

+
# 11Lord Nevets Mar 2 2011, 11:36 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NW5lO7t05Mg...182187915ADA618

This one sums it up.

+
# 12FirewalkerXT Mar 7 2011, 08:50 AM
Wow.........

+
# 13Lord Nevets Mar 7 2011, 11:23 AM
You know how they say when a quake hits your best bet is to run for a doorway/frame or table....well easier said than done my friends, you dont get a warning or a headstart...your legs are taken away from under you because it dosent start slow and build up strength, it hits you and it hits you hard. You have less than a second to get your ass away from anything that will fall on you. And after the big ones hits, NEVER and I mean NEVER re enter the building bucause there is a 99.9% chance that an aftershock will happen within the next few moments...This was true with both quakes I was in. The roads will jam on your way home if you are not already at home, they will flood and warp with massive holes just opening, you will see injured people and people in the most unreal state of panic. Apart from the loss of human life the worse thing is seeing all the shops and strores that you have being going to for as long as you can remember in ruins...that cafe you always get a coffee at, the bar you have a few quite ones with your mates after work, that supermarket you always go to...all gone.

The never ending aftershocks are enough to do your head in big time, the lack of sleep, having to boil all your water so you dont end up with wicked gastro and shitting through the eye on a needle.

All you can do is wait it out.

+
# 14DuskKnightofEa Mar 11 2011, 11:29 AM
Google put up a Tsunami Warning for New Zealand and other areas. I'm praying that the tsunami wont do anything. Hope you stay safe.

Clan: Knights of Ea

+
# 15Lord Nevets Mar 11 2011, 21:22 PM
Cheers mate, that is because of the quake that just hit Japan. Civil defense predict that the wave to hit us will only be a few Cm bigger than our every day normal waves because of the distance.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)