Explore GameReplays...

Rise of the Witch King

Game Ranger Game lobby Problems

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Pinguinkilr Jun 8 2011, 22:44 PM
I have recently procured Lotr bfme2 RotWK and me and my friend were eager to try its multiplayer. After hosting a game on game ranger with no problems it placed me directly into a game. Now when i told my friend to join he said that he was not able to see any game on the list of displayed games nor was i with his games in vice versa. Are there any ideas on what might be happening anything would be much appreciated

This post has been edited by Pinguinkilr: Jun 8 2011, 22:46 PM

+
# 2Sentinus Jun 8 2011, 23:00 PM
I presume your friend is letting his game start through gameranger as well?

Can you see each other's names in the network lobby? (once in rotwk when launched through gameranger)

When in a gameranger room, do you see his name as Italic or vice versa?

Game: Rise of the Witch King

+
# 3Pinguinkilr Jun 8 2011, 23:06 PM
QUOTE(Sentinus @ Jun 8 2011, 23:00 PM) *

I presume your friend is letting his game start through gameranger as well?

Can you see each other's names in the network lobby? (once in rotwk when launched through gameranger)

When in a gameranger room, do you see his name as Italic or vice versa?

We both launch our games through game ranger and no I can not see him in the rothwk waitingg lobby and I would have to check about the italics part

This post has been edited by Pinguinkilr: Jun 8 2011, 23:43 PM

+
# 4Pinguinkilr Jun 8 2011, 23:28 PM
But do you have any ideas on what it might be with the info i have given you

+
# 5bushit Jun 8 2011, 23:42 PM
Well if his name is in italics while you are in the gameranger room it means you are not connecting to him. That could cause problems.

Not sure otherwise.

Clan: GoF|

+
# 6Pinguinkilr Jun 8 2011, 23:58 PM
ill check about the italics part but if thats the issue any ideas on how to fix it?

+
# 7bushit Jun 9 2011, 01:10 AM
You can try simple things have having the italic person rejoin the room or refresh gameranger. You may do the same. If that doesn't work, you may need to fiddle with your router settings or something. Not sure with the router stuff though. tongue.gif

+
# 8Pinguinkilr Jun 9 2011, 01:32 AM
Ok thanks a lot

+
# 9bushit Jun 9 2011, 02:01 AM
No problem, man.

+
# 10Forlong Jun 9 2011, 21:16 PM
Here is GameRanger networking support: http://www.gameranger.com/support/network/ Basically, enable UPnP in your router, and if that doesn't work, open UDP port 160000. Remember that your opponent has to do this as well.

+
# 11Pinguinkilr Jun 9 2011, 21:33 PM
Thanks ill give it a try but also something I should add is that its torrented if that changes the circumstances

+
# 12Sentinus Jun 10 2011, 12:37 PM
The adds to a problem you may already have. Cracking the game and then patching it prevents online play because although you have whatever version you patched to, the crack ruins your version tag. There are "alternative" ways around this, but you aren't meant to discuss them on here in public.

However, you can still see the hosts game in the network lobby when that happens (it just says mismatched version if you try to join).

That you can't see the game at all suggests there is a connection problem which will require what Forlong posted.

Remember that your opponent has to do this as well.

Only the person at fault needs to; most the players online have never done this. Of course, with just two people having never tried playing someone else, you may not know whose settings are an issue.

This post has been edited by Sentinus: Jun 10 2011, 12:39 PM

+
# 13Pinguinkilr Jun 10 2011, 16:29 PM
Ok also I realized my friend had hamachi downloaded so im am going to get him to uninstall that to see if it helps

This post has been edited by Pinguinkilr: Jun 10 2011, 17:15 PM

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)