Explore GameReplays...

The Asian Dynasties

[AoE3] Marra vs. Andrew

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 21FlaMe_Admin Mar 26 2006, 11:50 AM
starsky vs grunt wasnt a very good rec... some ppl here really should learn to value recs without watching at the nicks involved.

+
# 22.Necron Mar 26 2006, 19:21 PM
Who gave it 10. huh.gif

Game: Age of Empires 3

+
# 23Kathlen Mar 26 2006, 20:21 PM
Donno, change it to 8 as it was rated

Very entertaining but huge lack of skill and understanding, don't see how got elite but it okey, ROTW or Legendary as someone made a vote for would make me very sad tho.

The rush was nice and if he had looked deeper for the dock the game had ended right there.

Port:

Bad defens vs the rush, whatever unit you have, always use melee vs grenaders, your settlers had not only give twice the damage but also take less.

Good placement of 2th tc

The wall was not bad idee on so short notice.

Dutch

Late and bad placement on the banks

Always if not special situation change pikes to cover mode when try bring down buildings.

Opponent had "good" placement on the dock so can understand you missed it in the begining but as soon you saw fish boats wich was before ½ the game you have to understand they come from something and scan the whole coast for the dock.

You piled coin, coin is tho the best resource to pile becouse it the cheapest resource to trad to another... when you had 3500 coin in colony and something like 400 in the rest you defenently should consider buy resources in the market.

Piled cards, when the cards begin to pile up and you don't have any shipments you want left it a very good sign it time to age up.

All in all I think it was a "easy" win for the dutch but in his hurry to get the win by force he oversaw the opponent chances for comeback, the port got to boom by water and slowly began to get back in the game, when the dutch also gave up the water the port got to kill many settlers and banks for free with warships.

+
# 24Marra Mar 27 2006, 09:02 AM
Yes, the game was not perfect from both side, i did some mistake, for example i suppose that 40% + building HP card give me the time to up age 3 , when i see that is not possibile i try to build a defense, but is late and to near the war zone.
Fishing save me, and when i see he didnt go 3 age but try to force my dead in 2, i start to pump out colonial army and boom in water for eco.

Btw this is not the perfect game, but ill post is cause he is exciting, funny, and with some interesting battle.
I hope people can have some fun when watching the game.

+
# 25Adapt Mar 27 2006, 11:59 AM
someone decided to change the rating to 10? its certainly not that good... leave it at 8.6 like it was rated at first

like kathlen said, the ports made the huge mistake of not using melee for ANY of their infantry.... if he had set your muskets on melee and charged the naders he would have done much better in the midgame the muskets would have been able to kill both nades and pikes

i can understand how the dutch missed the dock though. good placement on that

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 26camerlano Mar 27 2006, 12:50 PM
QUOTE(Kathlen @ Mar 26 2006, 09:21 PM) *

Very entertaining but huge lack of skill and understanding, don't see how got elite but it okey, ROTW or Legendary as someone made a vote for would make me very sad tho.

wow, looks like grunt is speaking. but considering your rate and fav civ i dont think you are in the position to make such statements...

+
# 27Kathlen Mar 27 2006, 13:06 PM
It don't belong to the topic but okey, thats true, this is how Grunt had said it (with good grammar ofcourse)

技術及び理解の非常に心に抱くしかし巨大な欠乏は、誰かが投票をのためのしたように得られたエリート、ROTW または伝説が私を非常に悲しくいかにさせるか見ない。

+
# 28Love_ Mar 27 2006, 13:25 PM
Marra rocks:) The game is probably overrated though.

Game: Battlefield 1943

+
# 29Slimmer Mar 27 2006, 14:25 PM
Well i have never seen a 1 unit rush win the game. That goes for this game too.

If Dutch added a Forward Barack this game may not of lasted so long. When he lost all his Naders to 5 hussars i just had to laugh and wonder what is he doing only making Naders with no supporting Army!!!!

Was nice comeback. What was Ports originally trying to do??? You had no Military Buildings or Cards!!!!!!!!!!!? Sea is what won you this game and saved you early.

+
# 30Marra Mar 27 2006, 16:40 PM
QUOTE(Slimmer @ Mar 27 2006, 02:25 PM) *

Well i have never seen a 1 unit rush win the game. That goes for this game too.

If Dutch added a Forward Barack this game may not of lasted so long. When he lost all his Naders to 5 hussars i just had to laugh and wonder what is he doing only making Naders with no supporting Army!!!!

Was nice comeback. What was Ports originally trying to do??? You had no Military Buildings or Cards!!!!!!!!!!!? Sea is what won you this game and saved you early.

I Suppose that 40%+ card permitt me to reach age 3, when i see that it is impossible i start colonial fight, but put stable to near tc and then i was every time back of 1 move, ( the second stable can be a barrack.... etc)

+
# 31KS_Perfection Mar 27 2006, 18:28 PM
It should have been plainly obvious that Marra was fishing. He has 2 fishing cards and he's obviously used schonners because there is no other explanation why he'd be sitting in colonial for so long without building an army or atlreast towers.

+
# 32Zifnab Mar 27 2006, 19:01 PM
This game was TERRIBLE! I couldn't even finish watching it and you guys are trying to make it a Legendary recording? Omg...

Game is awful.

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 33.Necron Mar 27 2006, 19:45 PM
Well finish watching it, that's just rude. ^
Why don't you tell us why it was terrible as well.

And Camerlano, why can't Kathlen make a statement like that when you can personally attack her for it?

+
# 34camerlano Mar 27 2006, 20:53 PM
yeah, sorry, i'm so evil attacking someone who makes random-like replies showing small understanding of the game.
really, we need more comments like that. i feel my gaming knowledge has already improved

thumbs up for zifnab too then!

+
# 35DoD_Andrew Mar 28 2006, 02:10 AM
HI i was Andrew in that game and my friend told me this game was posted. I am just an inter and i do need improvement in my game play. Thx a lot for the tips prsented in the review, i never thought this game was such a big deal. Marra played an excellent game with a nice comeback. I know i made too many mistakes in my eco, i actually mest up. I got alittle nervous during game+ i was pissed off for other games i had played. Anyways thx for constructive comments. For the otehr comments about my"terrible skills" or if you think i suck, ohh well i dont care much, i just play the game for fun . rolleyes.gif

Thank you for yuor time.

This post has been edited by DoD_Andrew: Mar 28 2006, 02:15 AM

+
# 36Uptown Mar 28 2006, 02:57 AM
QUOTE(Kathlen @ Mar 27 2006, 08:06 AM) *

It don't belong to the topic but okey, thats true, this is how Grunt had said it (with good grammar ofcourse)

技術及び理解の非常に心に抱くしかし巨大な欠乏は、誰かが投票をのためのしたように得られたエリート、ROTW または伝説が私を非常に悲しくいかにさせるか見ない。

I believe Grunt is Korean not Japanese wink.gif

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 37CaryDaPimp Mar 28 2006, 03:12 AM
im a noob myself and would lose to both these players but i think andrew could have won if he woulda scouted more wit his hero after takin out the first 2 tcs he woulda seen the dok and been able to take it out beforeblue got too many boats to save his ass and coulda scouted that other tc comin up and he had 13 and 7 idle villagers for almsot a minute each, and while blue was rebuildin should have tried to age to get rutyers and cannons to take care of that hussar crossbow army jus my input not intended to flame

+
# 38max payne Apr 10 2006, 17:09 PM
I think most of things has been said now, but I post althoough (I wrote my replay with the editor, offline).
I didnt find this replay boring or bad played; but to be legendery, I think both players should play really good, making almost no mistakes, and going until the limits of this game. like I found that this was not the case and it was just an intersting and actionfully replay, I want to show some points for whom it should not be legendery(I have seen a lot of replays with a much better quality)(I didnt watch both players all the time, so there could be other things to criticize):

Marra

-from the 7th minute on, he had a lot of food (more than 1000) until ca. 14 min, and then a lot of coin; at a certain point, 1700 coin, 13 coin-gatherers, and no food either wood - his gold went up to 2500 at 24 min. the same thing with lumber at 28 min
-when Andrew killed his tc, he just had 2 peons in the one and 4 in the other tc; but tcs deal max. damage with 5 villagers, so his tcs could have done double damage
-although it was clear that Andrew built mostly siegeunits,the first time he built a stable was after 9 min, and at a place where Andrew could see it very well and kill him almost instantly. he had his first cavalry units at more than 11 minuts
-villagers do best damage vs artillery with melee
-after having seen his art. foundry, his scouting was very lacking(never seen Andrews base in very late game)
-his fishing-boom was although very slow

Andrew
-some villager-loss could have been avoided with more attention
-sometimes his whole coin-gatherers were idle when the mine was empty; after the 2., I didnt understand why you didnt get food and lumber with them to build 2-3 banks (which he did later, but on the direct way to Marras base-the first point which will be attacked)
-he could have killed Marra's rebuilt tc at the place of the 2 barracks
-at 26 min, you didnt have any anti-cav unit, and the fallowing battle showed that he had really not enough
-he had a lot of coin in the 30 min (here maybe going into 3. age and getting mercs would have been helpful)
-very risky to build a mill whereever on the map
-didnt understand why he didnt use his cards into 3d age

Both didnt try to raid eco, specially Marras eco was very unprotected; they needed a long time to get into fortress age.
I found specially Andrews strat with the grenadiers-pike-rush very good; if Marra would not have been porto and built the 2 tcs at the same point, it would have worked perfectly (vs ffers). I found astonishing how Marra stopped Andrew after losing the tcs.
It stays a quite good replay, but not not necesserly by a lot of action and turning points

+
# 39firgli May 14 2006, 21:28 PM
Replay promoted to legendary after a very long discussion, we promoted it because its one of the best games posted on gr, it is very entertaining and both players played pretty well.
Congrats guys, wel done! biggrin.gif

Game: The Asian Dynasties

+
# 40AreZet May 24 2006, 10:08 AM
It was very entertaining, but not too high skilled match. Ducth had like 4k gold and he was still on colonial. He had crap placement of his banks. He supported his naders with pikes way too late. Bad scouting, he saw port has schooners in his deck, so he should have known that he's gonna fish boom. When dutch destroyed marra's both TCs, he should have just got banks up and get fortress and own him easy. sad.gif

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2 1.06

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)