Explore GameReplays...

CNC Zero Hour

Livestream Discussion Topic

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Squaggle Oct 28 2013, 12:59 PM
Discuss anything to do with livestreaming here - problems, great programs or tools etc.

Clan: Casters & Co.

Game: Forged Battalion

+
# 2Squaggle Oct 28 2013, 13:02 PM
QUOTE(FlameIORI @ Oct 28 2013, 11:52 AM) *

yea , I always use this program to check the server with the lowest ping

we have been talking off topic , sorry tongue.gif

I'm interested; what exactly does this tool do? Only checks ping?

+
# 3FlameIORI Oct 28 2013, 13:17 PM
yup , it gave you the ping of all twtich's servers

I have some questions :
what bit rate do you use when you are streaming ?

if you want to edit the video using sony vegas for example , what are the setting that you are using ?

This post has been edited by FlameIORI: Oct 28 2013, 13:23 PM

Clan: WwW.

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 4Squaggle Oct 28 2013, 13:47 PM
When using OBS I get away with setting the bitrate to about 1000-1200kbps. That's for 720p~.

Right now I don't use any editing software, I have the GR intro saved on my YouTube as a private video and just use YT's editor to stick it onto the beginning of my video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrqA-CWZzkQ
http://www.youtube.com/editor
Attached File GR_Intro__5BNew_5D.mp4
Size: 8.12mb
Number of downloads: 88

The attached file is the GR intro should you wish to add it to the start of your content using SVegas or something. Right now I have no editing software as I'm too much of a tight ass to pay for it.

+
# 5FlameIORI Oct 28 2013, 15:09 PM
thanks for the intro !
I using 1500 bit rate for streaming 720 and make zh windowed to that resolution

+
# 6Squaggle Oct 28 2013, 16:01 PM
I run Zero Hour at 1080p because it looks fucking weird at a smaller resolution on my 24" monitor. I use resolution down scale to stream at 720p as right now I'm still on shared internet so I don't have the bandwidth to stream 1080p reliably. It is okay for a while then stutters. Also, most people have shit internet so can't even watch the stream at 1080p.

Soon I'm getting a second internet connection put in which will be exclusively mine. I will then use XSplit to upload a 1080p and a 480p stream. This will allow people who's connection can handle it to watch the higher 1080p resolution stream while those who don't have the internet speed required can watch the 480p stream. It won't be a separate stream page, you will be able to select quality just like you can on YouTube. Well, that's what I'm hoping to do in the next few weeks/month or two.

Using the intro just keeps all videos made for a GR community fit in. Makes things look more professional when you watch them on a GR page and advertises GR to people who are watching them from YouTube but don't know what GR is smile.gif

+
# 7FlameIORI Oct 28 2013, 16:24 PM
yea , but you need to get membership first on twitch to get quality option
and ofc its annoying if you stream 1080p and people cant watch your stream tongue.gif

I have 19 inch screen ,I can mange to stream while reducing resolution , but I cant play with window screen its not comfortable tongue.gif.

+
# 8Squaggle Oct 28 2013, 16:47 PM
You don't have to, set your game resolution to the resolution you are running at and use the GenTool window position option to "Full Screen" or "Top". It will be like playing in fullscreen but with windowed mode allowing you to capture the window.

And I don't think you do. When you have a partnership, you upload one stream and the Twitch server gives a source option to viewers (the video & sound exactly how it's being uploaded from the streamer), then it reencodes or whatever the data into low, medium and high making those qualities available to viewers. This encoding takes a lot of resources from the server, this is why they limit who they do it for (to only streamers with a partnership and sub button). However, as all the resource heavy work would be done my end of the connection - all Twitch then has to do is display the source data for the viewers except with 2 different quality options, no more demending on the server than having +1 person streaming. I was discussing this with a Twitch admin and he was saying it may be possible etc etc.

This post has been edited by Squaggle: Oct 28 2013, 16:52 PM

+
# 9FlameIORI Oct 28 2013, 17:17 PM
I didnt know that u can do 2 options of stream without having membership
have you tried it ?

+
# 10Squaggle Oct 30 2013, 08:46 AM
Not yet, need to discuss further and test it with a Twitch admin.

+
# 11FlameIORI Oct 30 2013, 17:34 PM
2 - 3 days ago , I was messing around with photoshop trying to make some sort of score screen , before and between the matches in livestream
I ended up by doing this

for me , this is first time I ever did the pattern thingy so it was new thing to me and I was happy tongue.gif .
I was surprise that it could be made in a very easy way

I trying to learn how to add video effects to this prototype using after effect software like glowing , stuff are moving the hitting each other maybe with some text dropping from the sky , but it seems its not that easy at the beginning tongue.gif

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+
# 12Squaggle Oct 31 2013, 10:15 AM
That's really cool! I can't really help you with effects and video editing, I'm terrible at it happy.gif I'll link Pwnage to this topic, see if he can help you smile.gif

+
# 13GGTheMachine Nov 1 2013, 13:19 PM
Looks cool, great work!

I just think you need to work on the text. The font seems rather out of place and it's not very readable, especially for the player names.

+
# 14Squaggle Nov 1 2013, 14:32 PM
I think plain black in your face text for the player names would suffice. Needs to be simple, and effective, like the rest of it.

+
# 15-Darth^ Nov 2 2013, 20:35 PM
Yeah, Squaggle's right, no need to have ultra fancy thing imo, it would just distract

+
# 16FlameIORI Nov 18 2013, 03:59 AM
I did some thing new
I think its much better than the last one tongue.gif

+
# 17DJ_Chill Nov 18 2013, 18:54 PM
I'd previously made these for a special C&C 3 & KW livestream. I'd forgotten which one now but is was almost 2 years ago!

They worked quite well fitting right under the minimap

Attached Image

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 18Squaggle Nov 24 2013, 13:03 PM
I have had people complain about having a GameReplays logo displayed above the minimap in ZH is distracting; only by people like Hamster. but people are so fucking fussy about the simplest things. Could be good to have animate up and then disappear after a few seconds at the start of each game to signal who the commentators are.

+
# 19FlameIORI Dec 4 2013, 20:49 PM
Hmm , didn't know that.
I might think of a way to handle this later

about streaming 2v2 tournament , since both of teams can play online ,I dont think you need to try streaming in GameRanger but I prefer if you just give it a try and see if its gonna work or not

+
# 20FlameIORI Dec 5 2013, 16:10 PM
Squaggle , give me the link of your channel , so I can add it to the gentool ticker or event list for streaming 2v2 tourney

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)