Explore GameReplays...

CNC Zero Hour

Generals Gentlemen League of Legends Championship #1 Rules!

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1GGTheMachine Jan 4 2014, 08:29 AM
Today I am excited to announce the very first Generals Gentlemen League of Legends 5v5 tournament! I've ran a couple of Command and Conquer Zero Hour tournaments but am keen to get more experience casting, streaming and hosting League of Legends tournaments so I've decided to start here. If all goes well we hope to run more events, but for now we'll be starting with a small one and with $50 of Riot Points up for grabs!

This will be held on OCE, Saturday 4th of January 8:00pm(UTC+8), and the stream will start at 7:45pm.

IPB Image

Competition Details

As this is our very first League of Legends tournament we're just going to leave it at a capacity of four teams to ensure everything runs smoothly as is easy to manage, as well as being able to get the entire tournament streamed and wrapped up in one day. We'll look at expanding the capacity with future events.
  • Four teams of 5
  • Best of 1 for Semi Finals(First round) and Best of 3 for the Grand Final.
  • Single elimination
  • Summoner's Rift
  • Draft Pick
  • Region is OCE

Time

The tournament will start will be starting on Saturday 4th of January 8:00pm(UTC+8), It will finish when we get through the games and we have a victor! Given that it's only 4 teams in a Single Elimination, I predict it should take about four hours to finish. If you are unsure of the time, you can use a Time Zone Converter to check the times.

Rules and Moderation

• I will be moderating the event,if anyone has any issues on the day you can contact me via messaging in-game and I will decide a verdict to resolve the issue.
  • When the tournament is set to start each team will have 15 minutes to start their games before being disqualified and their slot given to a reserve team. If the game is set to start at 8:00pm, and team does not have all 5 members in-game ready to go at 8:15 then that team will be disqualified. Ensure your team is ready to go on-time and that the reserve player is ready in case of emergency.
  • Each team will have 10 minutes of pause time. If there is any issue such as a player dropping or lagging out, the team can pause for up to 10 minutes to resolve their issue. If the team is pausing for longer than 10 minutes then they will be forced to continue playing.
  • On the day each team captain must join the chat channel "GeneralsGentlemen" to arrange their games, and I will add each captain to ensure everything is running smoothly.
  • You must be above level 30 to compete.
  • Each team is allowed a single reserve/sub player on top of their team of 5. If one of their team members is unable to play, they can be swapped out for a sub. If a player drops mid game the sub is more than welcome to log into the dropped players account and continue playing right where the game left off.

Prizes and Stream

The Generals Gentlemen will be donating $50(AUD) of Riot Points for the winning team. The tournament will be live streamed onto my Twitch and then the recordings posted onto the Generals Gentlemen YouTube channel. Be sure to follow the Twitch and subscribe to the YouTube channel.

Brackets

Here is the Challonge brackets.
IPB Image

Other than that, good luck and have fun!

This post has been edited by Pwnage_Machine: Jan 4 2014, 09:32 AM

Clan: Casters & Co.

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 2GGTheMachine Jan 4 2014, 08:35 AM
Using this forum to post the rules for a local tournament since no one on GR seemed to want to compete. tongue.gif

+
# 3DJ_Chill Jan 4 2014, 14:05 PM
Nice tourney! smile.gif

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 4Squaggle Jan 11 2014, 00:46 AM
I wanted to T.T

Game: Forged Battalion

+
# 5DJ_Chill Jan 11 2014, 17:59 PM
Did anyone compete? tongue.gif

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 6Squaggle Jan 12 2014, 08:02 AM
#Nope and it was postponed until the 25th or something but Pwnage has decided he will cancel and do only local events now as nobody is serious about participating.

Edit: Was going to correct a typo but dayum dat hash-tag... Think I'll leave it lol.

Edit2: Oh and I totally thought this was the topic in the LoL section... Yeah, I just woke up tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Squaggle: Jan 12 2014, 08:15 AM

Game: Forged Battalion

+
# 7GGTheMachine Jan 20 2014, 17:59 PM
The local event for this was awesome ^ Got the Vods for it on the channel. Will definitely be doing more.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)