50.00% (14)
YES
50.00% (14)
NO

Total Votes: 90
Guests cannot vote 
Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1kimosabe Oct 25 2016, 14:33 PM
There has been loads of talk about expert badge in KW. I thought why not TW?

I think Poke, has deserved an expert badge for years & when I was playing TW in my prime vs him, he was pro back then & seems to be even better now. The criteria I thought for expert badge was that you needed to win some tournaments vs experts + dominate. That was the only factor to why I thought poke has been delayed for so long. Recently he's been playing in tournaments and has beaten a few of the current experts who participated in them. Don't see why it should be held off any longer now.

Shoktrepet I didn't get the chance to develop a personal history with but seeing some of his games he seems decent and has beaten experts too.

So, i'm going to lock in yes for both.

Thoughts?

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 2shocktapus Oct 25 2016, 14:54 PM
Both are good players. In terms of ability I think that Poke is there - shoktrepet is close but not quite. Having said this, I still think tournament wins are important. As far as I can recall, both have won only one tournament each. In comparison, I think Aoenian has won like 4 or 5 tournaments and not got a badge (although his wins are quite a long time ago now) against some good players. Even though I don't think his skill is up there with Pokemom (I think he is better than shoktrepet though) if someone was to get expert in TW it should be Aoenian.

+
# 3~AngelOfDeath~ Oct 25 2016, 15:00 PM
The reason why PoKeMoM hasn't been promoted to expert position just yet is his win ratio in tournaments. He won only one, which's not enough.

I think Sh0ck has already said what had to be said on the matter though.

Clan: Mates First

Game: CNC Tiberian Dawn Remastered

+
# 4kimosabe Oct 25 2016, 15:02 PM
Oh yeah fuck I would have put Aoenian I thought he already had one but mistaken that for kw. Can a mod edit it? Yeah Good views shock, makes sense.

+
# 5~AngelOfDeath~ Oct 25 2016, 15:04 PM
QUOTE(kimosabe @ Oct 25 2016, 15:02 PM) *

Oh yeah fuck I would have put Aoenian I thought he already had one but mistaken that for kw. Can a mod edit it? Yeah Good views shock, makes sense.

Sure thing.

Clan: Mates First

Game: CNC Tiberian Dawn Remastered

+
# 6kimosabe Oct 25 2016, 15:06 PM
QUOTE(~AngelOfDeath~ @ Oct 26 2016, 01:04 AM) *

Sure thing.

thanks

+
# 7onch-onch Oct 25 2016, 22:12 PM
I checked tournaments 1V1 where bikerushownz had showed up since 2013.

He only lost two time: One vs Good day 2 die and one vs maze, and won more than 10. Shock never won Bike-rush in tournament since quite a long time. Maybe Im mistaken, but the only tournament than shock won, it is because bike-rush did not show up. Again may be I forgot 1 ? but Im pretty sure. The reason why I say this is the only reason why Trepet did not win some tournament is because he mainly played when bike rush played as well.
Imagine Bikerush would have played every single tournament, it means he would have won 90% of it, may be even more, shock would have never won a single tournament.
Does it mean shock has not expert level ? No ofc. So win tournament does not mean anything to me. Because if it means something, then no one deserve to be an expert like no one can beat bikerush.

Trepet can be considered like the "wookibert" of tw. They both learnt very fast and deserve the badge. Trepet has a unique style with his 5 shadow and went many time in finale. He lost many time vs bike rush and won many time vs experts like maze, shock and wanted. For me he is the best of the three by far.

Poke deserves it as well even if he wins his first tourney when bikerush was not playing it. Otherwise i don't think he would have won it lets be honest.

Aoenian deserves it as well. Crazy rush ing + good player. Even if he has bad reputation.

So i vote Ye for all of them, but really give it to trepet or shame on this communauty of big ego. In his prime, only bike rush was better than him in my opinion.

Game: AirMech

+
# 8shocktapus Oct 26 2016, 01:15 AM
Based on shatabrick's history, this year I have played vs bike 14 times. I have won 7 games, he has won 7 games. I have only once played him in a tournament where I was in the final and the score was 2-2 and he forfeited (so I do have a recent tournament victory where bike was playing, contrary to what you said) and the other time was ladder wars where he won 2-1 about a week ago.

It doesn't make me brave to admit that he is the better player, because he clearly is, but saying he bashes me all the time and I'd get no tournament wins if bike showed is unfair.

Your logic is also faulty because these players could have won tournaments which I won, or tournaments which Maze won when Bike wasn't playing - they won one each. Both shok and poke beat me in a tournament (once) but so have many other decent players - you, hitman, cmd.exe, zorro (in a ladder wars) have all knocked me out of tournaments before now. Do they all deserve expert badges? Quite clearly no.

Back around 2010-12 Aoenian won a lot of tournaments/ladder wars (beating good players like Wanted and I think even Greasy once), but never got expert. Really he should have got it but I think his attitude counted against him. He is always a contender in every tournament he plays in and even got to a couple of finals this year (losing to pokemom and to me). This is why I think he deserves it. He has consistently been a contender.

Shok and Poke simply do not have Aoenian's track record in tournaments to deserve expert, even if in ability Poke is better than Aoenian.

If both of them won/came second in 2 or 3 more tournaments then I'd be the first to say they should get expert. I simply do not think they should...yet...

Edit:

I ran the numbers vs shoktrepet and pokemom since you got me thinking:

With shoktrepet, since the start of October when we have both been active according to shatabrick he has won 28 games vs me and lost 57 - giving him a win percentage of 33%. Really I'd want to see this be up to at least 40 to 45% before I'd say "he is definitely expert".

Against Pokemom over the past 2 months (since we've not played much recently and to give a fairer sample size) he has won 18 games and I've won 26, giving him a win ratio of 41% Given the fact that a lot of those wins he does stupid things or throws in the towel quite easily, I'd say that it should be closer to 50% or even above. It is certainly the sort of win percentage that gives credence to the argument he should get expert, but I'd still like to see more tournament success before it is awarded.

This post has been edited by Sh0ckTr34tment: Oct 26 2016, 02:03 AM

+
# 9Thanatos Oct 26 2016, 01:38 AM
All things past aside... Aoenian is crazy good, and if he was more active I think he would be coming close to winning more tournies. Same goes with poke he is one of the best players in this game and if he trained up for tournies he would do much better, as for shoktrepet idk.

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 10shocktapus Oct 26 2016, 13:46 PM
Looking back on shoks record again he won 2 tournaments in 2014 - Jan and May 2014, beating both me and Maze in them both. I'd forgotten about the one in Jan. If he does well in next tournament he enters I'd give it to him.

+
# 11Maze. Oct 26 2016, 13:57 PM
yes

Clan: Exceptionally Skilled

+
# 12PoKeMoM Oct 29 2016, 17:34 PM
QUOTE(Maze. @ Oct 26 2016, 13:57 PM) *

yes

i like the way this man thinks

+
# 13puchuebi Oct 30 2016, 21:23 PM
I think poke's case is already clear, especially after tournament.

And aoenian should get expert too. Pure skill-wise he is up there.

Sportsmanship-wise - sad.gif

+
# 14Maze. Oct 30 2016, 22:00 PM
QUOTE(puchuebi @ Oct 30 2016, 21:23 PM) *

I think poke's case is already clear, especially after tournament.

And aoenian should get expert too. Pure skill-wise he is up there.

Sportsmanship-wise - sad.gif

I DC U NUGGA

Clan: Exceptionally Skilled

+
# 15PoKeMoM Oct 30 2016, 22:16 PM
QUOTE(Maze. @ Oct 30 2016, 22:00 PM) *

I DC U NUGGA

FOFFO

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)