Explore GameReplays...

Command and Conquer 3

[To EA Predator] will we get a cnc 3 without la...

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 81DMraider Nov 16 2006, 18:17 PM
Yes but also knowledge of things that no1 else knows. Force fire was something like that. 80% of my opponents didn`t knew that and couldn`t have known that unless they used CTRL next to units.

Even Dune2 had stuff like that. When I played Dune2 I was like 6 and I found out that units that are on screen move faster than units offscreen (weird huh, but it was 1992, first RTS!)

Also the damage that units did to eachother depended on how they were positioned.

See this.

Attached Image

Here u can see how much damage a unit does at what position compared to the enemy unit its facing.

From bottom to top damage is twice as good as from left to right. Its funny. U can have a great advantage against an enemy comp if u use it smile.gif

Attached Image

Unit 1 attack first. The enemy attacks unit 1 and u attack him. Both do some damage. 1 Sec later u come with Unit 2 and u do twice as much damage. Basically u got 3 times his firepower. smile.gif. And on top of that when his unit is beyond 50% damage he only has half the firepower so u will totally own that unit hehe.

(some, not heavy or unfair) Bugs and tricks are good.

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 82EA Predator Nov 17 2006, 16:11 PM
First off DMRaider, your drawing skills are terrible, no offense buddy, but come on ohmy.gif) Credit for stick figure drawings, I actually say I can't do much better myself ohmy.gif)

So, let me make a couple points in brief for C&C 3 netcode. Not netput...netcode.

With our drive for "RTS as a Sport" and the match broadcast feature we are innovating, having good network code is of paramount importance. We don't want people all over the world watching matches with lag, thats no fun.

That said, we just finished rewriting the network layer of our code, and while we don't promise zero lag (no game has no zero lag), the host should no longer have an advantage and we feel very confident in that the game is much more responsive.

With C&C 3, its our goal to make click and move instantaneous, no lag, no wait, you click, they move, and they go kick some butt.

That's as much in-depth detail as I can provide, but in a nutshell, we are rewriting our network code for those who like to hear the word code more than layer ohmy.gif)

-Predator

+
# 83Mooff Nov 17 2006, 17:47 PM
great News. wub.gif thumb.gif

This post has been edited by Mooff: Nov 17 2006, 17:47 PM

Game: Generals 2

+
# 84DMraider Nov 17 2006, 18:33 PM
QUOTE(EA Predator @ Nov 17 2006, 05:11 PM) *

First off DMRaider, your drawing skills are terrible, no offense buddy, but come on ohmy.gif) Credit for stick figure drawings, I actually say I can't do much better myself ohmy.gif)

I can`t draw well both on the comp and on a piece of paper. But I`m not here to draw nice I made a point lol tongue.gif

I can do better next time when I use paint better smile.gif

+
# 85flanker27 Nov 19 2006, 11:44 AM
QUOTE(EA Predator @ Nov 17 2006, 06:11 PM) *

So, let me make a couple points in brief for C&C 3 netcode. Not netput...netcode.

With our drive for "RTS as a Sport" and the match broadcast feature we are innovating, having good network code is of paramount importance. We don't want people all over the world watching matches with lag, thats no fun.

That said, we just finished rewriting the network layer of our code, and while we don't promise zero lag (no game has no zero lag), the host should no longer have an advantage and we feel very confident in that the game is much more responsive.

With C&C 3, its our goal to make click and move instantaneous, no lag, no wait, you click, they move, and they go kick some butt.

That's as much in-depth detail as I can provide, but in a nutshell, we are rewriting our network code for those who like to hear the word code more than layer ohmy.gif)

-Predator

Great news!

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 86TbiRd Nov 19 2006, 12:47 PM
I hope your words will become reality Predator smile.gif

Clan: Prisoners Of War

Game: Graphics

+
# 87Javdani Nov 19 2006, 13:39 PM
http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/9286/gjoo7.jpg

Is Apoc still our C&C Community Manager?

If he is, I'll be _so_ filled with joy.

/end sarcasm

meh..

+
# 88TbiRd Nov 19 2006, 14:38 PM
QUOTE(Javdani @ Nov 19 2006, 02:39 PM) *

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/9286/gjoo7.jpg

Is Apoc still our C&C Community Manager?

If he is, I'll be _so_ filled with joy.

/end sarcasm

meh..

patch 1.03 for ZH was released like 2 years ago... sleep.gif

This post has been edited by tehbird.: Nov 19 2006, 14:38 PM

Game: Graphics

+
# 89Mortal9 Nov 19 2006, 18:13 PM
Great news Predator, may it be. tongue.gif

As you said yourself, equal chances and hence zero lag is needed for a competitive gaming environnement.

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2

+
# 90Andy p Nov 19 2006, 19:46 PM
QUOTE(AgmLauncher @ Nov 7 2006, 09:32 PM) *

Rofl the lag in BFME 2 is NOT minimal by any stretch of the imagination. Maybe it's fine if you're just goofing around playing FFGs, but the HORRIBLE response delay of units at high levels of competitve play is game ending. It means the difference between losing a hero (and thus the game) or not.

The net lag combined with the inherent engine lag meant units like Theoden mounted on a horse would have a mind of their own. Rather than retreat the instant you told them to, they would either charge headlong into pikes, or remain under fire from archers for too long and die. It was a joke.

Heh as everyone from the recent bfme 2 bt will tell you i am a big moaner about the bfme 2 lag, after 1.05 i cant even play the game unless i host wacko.gif.

It is ridiculas and as agm points out at competative play its such a stress maker in some ways though cw is pretty poor. Basicly 100%^ with above me.
Anyhow in answer to ya question juju nope i wouldent buyt if it had the same krappy lag so you guys buy it and tell me what its like lol.

ps: agm? dont mention the matrix and the recent starwars films i start to melt if they are mentioned. nooooooooooooo.......*insert splodgy noise here*.

Game: Hardware

+
# 91Dysto` Nov 19 2006, 23:02 PM
as long as they ditch Gamespy, I can't see much more difficulties.

But they NEED TO DUMP GAMESPY, cause it is ubershitty, especially after takeover by IGN

This post has been edited by Dysto`: Nov 19 2006, 23:03 PM

Clan: Death and Destiny

+
# 92IpKaiFung Nov 20 2006, 02:05 AM
predator = apoc
I think he fancied a name change

Game: Dawn of War 3

+
# 93DuRiN Nov 20 2006, 11:24 AM
Good news predator.

Game: Global Agenda

+
# 94Javdani Nov 20 2006, 13:59 PM

predator = apoc
I think he fancied a name change

If that is true, everything has just become _SO_ much more funny than I could ever have imagined. ^^

That would mean that Apoc (like EA) chose to move on to the next nick (Game, in EA's case) instead of increasing the reputation of the old one (patching old games to improve them) ^^

_rofl_

+
# 95NiKe Nov 20 2006, 17:44 PM
good to hear predator smile.gif

This post has been edited by NiKe: Nov 20 2006, 17:45 PM

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 96-Netput Nov 20 2006, 17:58 PM

Your right, there is no need to change Netput in C&C3. However maybe you should consider adding Isengard as 4th secret faction tongue.gif laugh.gif

Awesome to hear Predator! Im pretty sure this will convince tons of doubting BFME2 players smile.gif

Btw, hows the search for Aaron going?
You already got any clues wheres hes being kept? ohmy.gif

-Netput

+
# 97IpKaiFung Nov 22 2006, 04:07 AM
I think everyone knows predator is aaron after he used a pretty shit voice changer to do his latest podcast.

Game: Dawn of War 3

+
# 98jujusback4you Nov 23 2006, 16:02 PM

-Predator

pin this as a promess and we will see if mr e.a is cool...or not ^^

Game: Company of Heroes 2

+
# 99High. Nov 24 2006, 20:08 PM
As much as I'd like to believe it certainly not holding my breath. BfME2 was also touted as a game targeting "pro players" wacko.gif and i found this

4.13 - Will GameSpy be more reliable?
Yes. EA is working with GameSpy to make improvements to the reliablity of the system.

in regards to bfme2 before it came out. well it lagged just as much or mb more and the server crashed more so...

i won't be buying this game until i hear from alot of ppl that the server issues are fine among other gameplay related things...really have extremely little faith in ea as an rts producing company atm. would be nice for this to be changed but unfortunately i doubt it especially considering cnc3 is more targeted towards sp from what little i've heard. well when a joke like bfme in which it wasn't said that it was targeted towards sp (and i hope it wasn't as a blind armless monkey could beat the hardest sp in bfme for both games on its first try) then i shudder to thing what a mess this game could be when it was released.

however i nv played the ccg or zh so idk what teh server issues were on there. even if there was still a decent amount of lag at very least host shouldn't get a significant advantage or one at all...

Clan: DreaM|DivA

Game: Hardware

+
# 100jujusback4you Nov 25 2006, 08:22 AM
ok now we have a promess about cnc3, maybe can we get an anti lag patch in bfm2 data ? or maybe bfme 2 player don't deserve it...mmm time to make a new juju's topic in data forum smilie_naughty.gif

ps: i'm sure e.a love me ^^

Game: Company of Heroes 2

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)