Explore GameReplays...

Company of Heroes

Company of Heroes Tournament XII Announced

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1AmiPolizeiFunk Aug 16 2009, 19:21 PM
IPB Image
GameReplays.org is proud to announce our 12th Company of Heroes Tournament!
Prepare yourself for a 1v1, all-factions, 128-player, Single Elimination Tournament that will take place on September 12th, 13th, & 14th, 2009. The first six Rounds will be Best-of-3 format, culminating in an epic Championship Final that will be, for the first time ever, Best-of-5!

Schedule
Saturday September 12th (all times GMT)
6pm: R1 (128) - Semois
7pm: R2 (64) - Langres
8pm: R3 (32) - Angoville

Sunday September 13th
6pm: R4 (16) - Semois
7pm: Quarter-Finals (8) - Langres
8pm: Semi-Finals (4) - Angoville

Monday September 14th
7pm: Third Place Game (2) Best of 3 - Langres
7pm: Final (2) Best of 5 - Games 1 & 2 on Langres, Games 3-5 on Angoville

All tourney games must be posted in the Replays section of GameReplays.org, as well as a bbcode link to the games in your game thread in the Tournament Forums. Here are detailed instructions on how to post your games.

Prizes
GameReplays.org will kick off the prize fund with $200. On the heels of our impressive success with the Team 2v2 Tourney, we will once again be accepting donations to sweeten the prize pool. Generous community members can donate $5 or more via PayPal. Contributors names will be proudly pinned, for all eternity, in the Tournament Forums. Please see the Tourney Donation thread for more info.

Payouts will be divided as follows:
1st place: 60% of the total Prize fund
2nd place: 25%
3rd place: 15%

All quarter-finalists (8) will receive a sexeh T-shirt such as this one, beautiful girl not included, generously provided by Thunder of Relic Entertainment.
IPB Image

We will also be handing out some just-for-fun awards, like the White Death Award for the Sniper with the most kills, the Michael Wittmann Award to the Best Tank, the Medal of Honor (most kills for any unit) and Cedric the Entertainer Award (replay with the most wubs).
IPB Image

Sign-ups
Registration will open on the Tournament Forums and the Tournament Website on Saturday August 22nd at 7pm GMT. As usual, you will be required to sign-up in both places to secure your spot. Please note this new rule: the RelicOnline name that you plan to play on must match the name that you use on the Tournament Website. Smurfing is strictly prohibited. So get your profiles in order, mark your calendar, and plan to be online next Saturday when the Sign-ups go live!

Discuss the upcoming tournament here.

Clan: Reborn

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 2rgrrrr Aug 16 2009, 19:33 PM
good maps, and i do like that finals shedule.

Clan: Suck it Trebek!

Game: Achron

+
# 3Reaper Aug 16 2009, 19:40 PM
Sign-ups
Registration will open on the Tournament Forums and the Tournament Website on Saturday August 22nd at 7pm GMT. As usual, you will be required to sign-up in both places to secure your spot. Please note this new rule: the RelicOnline name that you plan to play on must match the name that you use on the Tournament Website. Smurfing is strictly prohibited. So get your profiles in order, mark your calendar, and plan to be online next Saturday when the Sign-ups go live!

Yay this rule shuts me out, because I can't play on that profile anymore anymore...

+
# 4AmiPolizeiFunk Aug 16 2009, 19:44 PM
That rule shouldn't shut anyone out. Either make a RelicOnline profile to match your Tourney Site name that will be displayed in the brackets, or make a new Tourney Site account.

Let me just remind everyone that the tourney site just assists us in doing the brackets and randomizing the starting factions. The primary sign-up location will be the thread in the tourney forums, which will always take priority over the tourney site sign-ups.

Clan: Reborn

+
# 5BoH Aug 16 2009, 19:56 PM
These events always provide us with so many good replays. I'm jacked for this.

+
# 6Reaper Aug 16 2009, 20:03 PM
QUOTE(AmiPolizeiFunk @ Aug 16 2009, 21:44 PM) *

That rule shouldn't shut anyone out. Either make a RelicOnline profile to match your Tourney Site name that will be displayed in the brackets, or make a new Tourney Site account.

Let me just remind everyone that the tourney site just assists us in doing the brackets and randomizing the starting factions. The primary sign-up location will be the thread in the tourney forums, which will always take priority over the tourney site sign-ups.

Oh, I didn't know I'm allowed make another tourney site account. Thanks!

+
# 7CallMeSarge Aug 16 2009, 20:13 PM
I'll start stockpiling booze for the shoutcast marathon now!

Clan: Wheres My Demo

+
# 8The Beard Aug 16 2009, 20:22 PM
I'll start stockpiling booze for the shoutcast marathon now!

I second that. Although I think I may participate in dis here tourney biggrin.gif

+
# 9Seb Aug 16 2009, 20:23 PM
I'm still not sure I will be back from hollidays that week-end. sad.gif

Can you move the entire tournament for me one week later ? biggrin.gif

Anyway, it sounds awesome, like usual.

Clan: Insane

+
# 10oscarg Aug 16 2009, 20:47 PM
just for fun awards look fun...

Game: None

+
# 11greySynapse Aug 16 2009, 21:13 PM
Good luck to all.

Game: None

+
# 12Ra11 Aug 16 2009, 21:24 PM
hope i have time on the weekend smile.gif.

Waiting for great replays and games .. biggrin.gif

Clan: ArX

+
# 13ayne Aug 16 2009, 22:42 PM
damn, girl isn't included? When i read the staff article, ami, you are married, I thought married men kept their feelings only for they're wife, not every other female out there. (at least keep the feelings private)

+
# 14Despotic Aug 16 2009, 23:11 PM
-Click thread
-Thread loads
-See "Prizes"
-See picture
-Think: "Is the girl a prize"
-Read. Become disappointed.

GMT, meaning like 11am-2am for me for most of the tourney meaning I am at work. /supersadface

Game: Company of Heroes 2

+
# 15nin3 Aug 16 2009, 23:46 PM
Good job APF, again!

+
# 16SodR Aug 17 2009, 00:05 AM
Sounds sweet. Nice with the "best of 5" in the final smile.gif

+
# 1712azor Aug 17 2009, 00:13 AM
I'll try to make an appearance for this - just to keep the old school alive.

Clan: EPIC

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 18Eupolemos Aug 17 2009, 09:40 AM
I'm sitting here with a big-ass smile - 3-5 fucking best 2 players replays to download - YAY!

Suggested strat for 1st allied finals player: Start out with a Brit sim-city strat, take it easy and just prolong the game, knowing you're gonna loose eventually. When your opponent is tired and you're well rested, just kick his ass in the next 3 games wink.gif

The girl is not as "hot" as cute tbh - cute's way better biggrin.gif

+
# 19KingLouis Aug 17 2009, 12:58 PM
For the final suppose it comes to the 5th game, are we looking at total VP deficit of the previous 4 games to determine who chooses which side? Or just the deficit of say the last 2 games?

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 20Joe. Aug 17 2009, 14:09 PM
Why do you have to hold a tourney the weekend of my mothers birthday. Its evil. You should have consulted me first!.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)