Explore GameReplays...

Company of Heroes

#1609 [HQ VIDEO] [2.601] [Sunday Night Fight E5] DrHorse vs. Freestyler

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1AmiPolizeiFunk Mar 28 2010, 23:12 PM
Attached Image
Sunday Night Fight Episode #5:
"A Horse is a Horse, of Course, of Course"

You missed the great live show? Listen to the recorded version here!

Sunday Night Fights is a new show hosted by GameReplays.org's Senior Tournament Referee AmiPolizeiFunk and broadcasted on Xfire with live commentary by a set of shoutcasters. If you want to watch it live, tune in to Brahmanfire's broadcast channel Sunday nights at 8pm GMT. On this show, we have a battle between DrHorse and Freestyler.

Game 1, shoutcast by AmiPolizeiFunk & Steektits:

Attached File snf5_gm1.mp3
Size: 20.04mb
Number of downloads: 489

Game 1 Video

Game 2, shoutcast by ElDiabolo & CallMeSarge:

Attached File snf5_gm2.mp3
Size: 10.64mb
Number of downloads: 258

Game 2 Video

Game 3, shoutcast by AmiPolizeiFunk & ElDiabolo:

Attached File snf5_gm3.mp3
Size: 18.19mb
Number of downloads: 273

Game 3 Video

Big thanks to TOPMO3 for the HD videos!

This post has been edited by TOPMO3: Apr 30 2010, 16:03 PM

Clan: Reborn

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 2Postdusk Mar 29 2010, 10:31 AM
woot, upgun and smoke sherman

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 3Frode789 Mar 29 2010, 13:02 PM
Will the vids be hosted on Veehd or something similar, like how it was done with other episodes? smile.gif

(I'm on a PC without CoH :\)

+
# 4Naeras Mar 29 2010, 16:17 PM
I've seen both these players play better, but still, the games were really entertaining.

+
# 5roflmao113 Mar 30 2010, 16:20 PM
I watched the first.

Great cast, great game, great job.

This post has been edited by roflmao113: Mar 30 2010, 16:21 PM

+
# 6Checkmated Mar 31 2010, 19:19 PM
Hey, Steek, your voice was great at first but it lacks of strength later on the middle of the fight, and I end up cannot hear you anything most of the time.

Try to speak louder and stronger, put more air into it man!

I think there're still more room to improve:

- In the early game, you should not forget to discuss about the first unit of the faction and its impact in the early game: for example, a bike is always good for harassing opponent's engineer and prevent them from capping. A bike is also useful later as spot units etc...

- In the middle game, try to come up with the 'alternative' counter, discuss 2-3 what the losing player in that particular skirmish could have done to win the small engagement)

- Takes notes if any player forget the use of the support weapons and tactics such as: mines, tank traps, goliaths, engineer demolitions (good to take down bunkers in early game), use of command tree ability, combination of smokes and other firearms (like smokes and flame thrower, also quotes that flamethrower, sherks are not effected by smoke rounds) etc... that could have turn the condition into his/her favor.

Host cast should prepare a check list, to take a quick look of what to say in case you don't remember, when a skirmish is over (with one side retreat his units entirely).

Capping orders also should be taken note for each map (what's the best capping orders? And why he/she does not following that particular capping order) Most player didn't know about these

This post has been edited by Checkmated: Mar 31 2010, 19:32 PM

+
# 7TOPMO3 Apr 1 2010, 05:27 AM
Finally sorted out my FRAPS issues. Vids coming soon...

+
# 8TOPMO3 Apr 2 2010, 18:43 PM
Without further delay!

Game 1 - http://veehd.com/video/3144971_1609-1

Game 2 - http://veehd.com/video/3144184_1609-2

Game 3 - http://veehd.com/video/3144975_1609-3

Amazing games, great shoutcasting, overall fun times! Some dominant US play in game 3, and rock-solid Wehr in game 2. Good job players, casters, refs!

+
# 9Frode789 Apr 2 2010, 19:14 PM
QUOTE(TOPMO3 @ Apr 2 2010, 18:43 PM) *

Without further delay!

Game 1 - http://veehd.com/video/3144971_1609-1

Game 2 - http://veehd.com/video/3144184_1609-2

Game 3 - http://veehd.com/video/3144975_1609-3

Amazing games, great shoutcasting, overall fun times! Some dominant US play in game 3, and rock-solid Wehr in game 2. Good job players, casters, refs!

Thank you for uploading!

+
# 10AmiPolizeiFunk Apr 2 2010, 19:32 PM
Thanks mate!

Clan: Reborn

+
# 11Symbiosis Apr 3 2010, 20:34 PM
wow:)

Clan: Allstars

Game: Company of Heroes 2

+
# 12Arkian Apr 4 2010, 09:15 AM
Thx for providing these great casts as vidcasts. Just excellent being able to watch exciting matches even though far away from your gaming rig.

Great games and casts - thx to all involved.

+
# 13Lund Apr 4 2010, 13:37 PM
Thx for the vids, nice quality. But WHY fraps with fog of war ON in third game when u didnt have it on in the previous 2?

+
# 14TOPMO3 Apr 4 2010, 15:39 PM
My friend asked me the same thing...

I thought I'd mix it up, maybe it would be helpful for a US player to see how Horse moves his units around the map when he doesn't know where the enemy is, positions etc. I guess it's kind of useless for a vidcast though...

My friend also asked me not to do it anymore smile.gif

+
# 15Cadmus Apr 4 2010, 18:23 PM
good to seed these things get some vid loving, gj Topmo

QUOTE(Checkmated @ Mar 31 2010, 21:19 PM) *

I think there're still more room to improve:

tbh I disagree with most these suggestions, except the ones on alternative counters and tactics. You kind of run out of stuff to say about engis/pios or bikes/jeep volks/rifles as first units, unless you want to endlessly repeat yourself with each cast you do. Same goes for capping orders on maps.
I also dislike using notes or cheat sheets, as it takes away spontanaity and the joy of going off on random ramblings tongue.gif

It all depends on if you want to do a 'high strategy' cast, or if you cast for entertainment value, which imo is clearly what SNF is aiming at.

+
# 16HerrFlickk Apr 5 2010, 15:15 PM
awesome, watched all 3 of them tongue.gif!

especially enjoyed the first game.

Think the voice of the 'person-not-talking-a-lot' was really hard to hear sadly.

TOPMO3 (or someone else(?)) are you gonna keep uploading the battles? because I've got quite crappy downloading-skills and internet, so this youtube kinda vids were really really easy and quick to watch! Haven't seen any of the previous sunday night fights because of the effort it takes to download/unzip?/install?/whatever . . . . So I would really really really appreciate if these matches were uploaded in the future as well smile.gif.

already looking forward to the next one!

+
# 17TOPMO3 Apr 5 2010, 16:01 PM
I plan on doing vids as they come out. Only problem right now is my internet, which uploads at a measly 500kb/s. I'm looking for a faster internet provider in my area, but prices are hiked up quite a bit.

Hopefully veeHD.com will allow embedding in the future, but for now, I really like their HQ streaming (anyone try going full-window mode? The quality is so good, it's pretty much like playing the game!), and their interface. Feel free to "FAN" me on their site, and it will notify you when I upload new vids.

+
# 18HerrFlickk Apr 5 2010, 21:29 PM
great biggrin.gif!

anyone try going full-window mode? The quality is so good, it's pretty much like playing the game!

yeah I know! did all three of em full screen tongue.gif!

+
# 19Checkmated Apr 7 2010, 04:40 AM
QUOTE(Cadmus @ Apr 4 2010, 18:23 PM) *

good to seed these things get some vid loving, gj Topmo
tbh I disagree with most these suggestions, except the ones on alternative counters and tactics. You kind of run out of stuff to say about engis/pios or bikes/jeep volks/rifles as first units, unless you want to endlessly repeat yourself with each cast you do. Same goes for capping orders on maps.
I also dislike using notes or cheat sheets, as it takes away spontanaity and the joy of going off on random ramblings tongue.gif

It all depends on if you want to do a 'high strategy' cast, or if you cast for entertainment value, which imo is clearly what SNF is aiming at.

That's exactly my point: not every one is a professional COH player, or near there. If you know so much about COH, you don't have to listen to the cast. The cast helps novice player to get better, and help on-the-way-to-be-a-good players to pick up any techniques they might have missed.

Capping orders should be mentioned in each map, I understand you might be playing a map 100 times, but not many people actually play it more than 20 times and remember what point they should cap first. Tips like "cap the more important, further away your base high resources point first" and explaining why it is important to do so, again and again every match helps a lot for new comers and players.

Now that's why a cheat sheet is useful: there's something must not be missed, and should be repeat in every shoutcast.

The shoutcast, after all, is help people to learn new stuff, while also creating a fun and enjoyable environment for everyone.

+
# 20ElDiabolo Apr 7 2010, 05:28 AM
QUOTE(Checkmated @ Apr 7 2010, 06:40 AM) *

That's exactly my point: not every one is a professional COH player, or near there.

Shoutcasters are the biggest noobs, at least most of us tongue.gif

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)