Explore GameReplays...

Company of Heroes 2

Relic developer diary

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Boo the Hamster Dec 6 2012, 20:41 PM
Relic recently recorded a new developer diary video featuring some great fragments of gameplay
Right here
Sorry, embedding videos here is something i cannot grasp.

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 2Badd Dec 7 2012, 03:31 AM

This post has been edited by Badd: Dec 7 2012, 03:37 AM

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 3RagingJenni Dec 7 2012, 08:03 AM
I loved it. All the dead eyed stares scared me a bit though, and the guy sounding super excited about talking about bloody battles made me laugh. biggrin.gif

+
# 4Boo the Hamster Dec 7 2012, 09:09 AM
QUOTE(RagingJenni @ Dec 7 2012, 08:03 AM) *

the guy sounding super excited about talking about bloody battles made me laugh. biggrin.gif

Too much wh40k i guess. The bloodier-the merrier.

By the way, i've noticed several things in this trailer
IS-2 heavy tank armed with 122mm cannon(in other trailer i've seen IS-1 armed with 85mm, so it's upgrade for heaviest armor or different doctrine choices)
A female russian sniper team
Building destruction mechanism is, sadly, same as vCoH, with building just moving down into its ruined foundament.

A Nashorn(?), haven't seen it clearly because of camera angle.

This post has been edited by Boo the Hamster: Dec 7 2012, 09:16 AM

+
# 5Justincute Dec 7 2012, 18:09 PM
So nice~!Finally sth got out~

+
# 6Commissar Crunch Dec 7 2012, 21:23 PM
IS-2 heavy tank armed with 122mm cannon

where ? only thing i saw that was not a t-34 or a kv-1 is a JSU-??

Game: Company of Heroes 2

+
# 7steger Dec 8 2012, 09:42 AM
Loved the calliope / katusha sound at the end

+
# 8DeliciousCrackers Dec 8 2012, 13:39 PM
This does a much better job at showing off CoH2 than the gameplay trailer did. Lots of nice detail, and those snow effects drol.gif

More importantly however, STUKAAAAAAAS!

+
# 9gunther09 Dec 9 2012, 02:47 AM
good to finally see some ingame stuff.

IPB Image

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+
# 10Nowotny Dec 9 2012, 03:07 AM
Cool how most their "never been done before!!1!" features are pretty much ripped straight from the MoW series. I'm completely fine with games adopting each others good features, but it would be nice if they'd keep total bs like that out of their ads.

Hope the game is not going to dissapoint.

Clan: EPIC

Game: Men of War: Assault Squad

+
# 11Vertrucio Dec 9 2012, 17:28 PM
Ah, MoW fanboys.

I can name quite a few feature MoW has taken from other games.

If you named a list of your favorite games, I bet I can point out 10+ features in every game that were taken from other games.

Stop trying to make it seem like MoW is some pretty little flower of originality. And stop trying to make it seem like MoW isn't a fun, but flawed euro game with a completely different style than CoH.

The two games are different games, both fun in their own right. Coming onto random forums and trying to scream MoW's name every time is just annoying and makes people not want to try MoW, which would be a very sad thing because it has many fun aspects.

But, there's a reason why CoH1 is still the highest rated RTS game on the market, and MoW is still just pumping out mediocre expansion packs turned sequels.

If anything, you MoW fans should be clamoring for the MoW developers to take ideas about interface flow, ease of use, AI, and more from CoH. And this is coming from a die hard fan of the original MoW, Soldiers: Heroes of WWII. wink.gif

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 12Nowotny Dec 9 2012, 22:31 PM
MoW fanboy

wat

Stop trying to make it seem like MoW is some pretty little flower of originality.

wat

And stop trying to make it seem like MoW isn't a fun, but flawed euro game with a completely different style than CoH.

wat

Coming onto random forums and trying to scream MoW's name every time

wat

I reread my post again and I'm fairly sure I didn't imply any of those things.

Clan: EPIC

Game: Men of War: Assault Squad

+
# 13ZRyan Dec 9 2012, 23:50 PM
Yeah, that was a little out of left field.

Game: None

+
# 14Boo the Hamster Dec 10 2012, 01:38 AM
QUOTE(Commissar Crunch @ Dec 7 2012, 21:23 PM) *

where ? only thing i saw that was not a t-34 or a kv-1 is a JSU-??

3:42-3:43, scene with whole lot of soviet troops, it is almost hidden behind an explosion.
After replaying the whole video, i've identified that what i was thought was a Nashorn, is really a Ferdinand heavy SPG.

+
# 15Umbert Dec 10 2012, 16:26 PM
QUOTE(Boo the Hamster @ Dec 10 2012, 03:38 AM) *

3:42-3:43, scene with whole lot of soviet troops, it is almost hidden behind an explosion.
After replaying the whole video, i've identified that what i was thought was a Nashorn, is really a Ferdinand heavy SPG.

Attached Image
This is the ominous IS-2.

Attached Image
And this is neither a Nashorn or the Ferdinand, it’s the Elefant. Which is basicly the Ferdinand but with Hull MG34 (as seen in the image above) and other technical improvements.

Attached Image
And look there is the Elefant again, a Panzerwerfer (top) and the SdKfz 222 (right and middle).

And in the female sniper screenshot you can also see it's flare ability which clears the fog of war.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)