Explore GameReplays...

Battle for Middle Earth

Clanwars rules

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Robbie Aug 21 2014, 17:19 PM
What are everyone's thoughts on the current rules in clanwars? Since activity is good right now maybe a good time to look at it.

In particular the rules aren't clear on playing in multiple clans, which quite a few do right now. Should you be allowed to, and if so should your two clans be able to play against each other (even if you aren't involved)? Another point I brought up is the fact that people share names in CW. I actually don't like this at all as it makes it harder to admin the league. But people like the ability to have guest players in games if they can't find an ally, so should it be made a rule you are allowed to use a guest if your opponents agree (the game could then be reported as a 2vs1, or each clan could have a dedicated guest name).

What about roster sizes? Are they too big/small? Any other ideas to increase/keep activity up?

Here is a link to the current rules.

Clan: LeGenD`

Game: Heroes of Newerth

+
# 2Xehanort Aug 21 2014, 19:19 PM
Yeah I'm not fond of players playing for more than one clan, especially when they play 1v1 in different clans. I like the idea of having a guest player, it would definitely solve the problem of randoms playing the odd game for a clan.

Activity wise maybe some players would prefer to draft clans? Seeing as 2 clans refuse to play us for no good reason whatsoever.

Game: Battle for Middle Earth

+
# 3StiWie` Aug 21 2014, 19:37 PM
HeRo and Accept` playing cw like A| vs B|.
Its fucking annoying and disgusting, since players are ahead of us, refuse to play us, but play each other, so... wtf

Clan: PIRATES

+
# 4Robbie Aug 21 2014, 22:47 PM
Would drafting actually do anything to stop dodging? I also don't think that it would help activity in the long run, most people like playing with friends and it take away an element of competitiveness.

One thing I did consider but I really can't say if its possible without thinking it through more is some kind of challenge system. I think they had one on the ESL league and can think of nothing else to do that would stop dodging. Of course it wouldn't be anywhere near a perfect fix though.

+
# 5Fishy Aug 22 2014, 09:12 AM
we cant report games as 2v1 as it gives less points for win fr the non-guest team and much more to the one player on guest team. it also apply for losing points for loss.
I think.

Clan: Sons of Elendil

+
# 6ketis Aug 22 2014, 09:59 AM
if i have same skill players like stiwie,xeha,scop vs. i can play with all.what can i do with talha,mahoaga,jani ?match ups must be more fair.

+
# 7Robbie Aug 22 2014, 11:43 AM
QUOTE(Fishy @ Aug 22 2014, 10:12 AM) *

we cant report games as 2v1 as it gives less points for win fr the non-guest team and much more to the one player on guest team. it also apply for losing points for loss.
I think.

Orange told me it wasn't the case for clan points, only that warrior points were different. But I'm not sure either, that's why I put a second suggestion for a method in.

QUOTE(ketis @ Aug 22 2014, 10:59 AM) *

if i have same skill players like stiwie,xeha,scop vs. i can play with all.what can i do with talha,mahoaga,jani ?match ups must be more fair.

I didn't really want to turn this into a dodge topic but I would say that's a pretty bad attitude to take. How will your clan mates improve if they only play worse players? And how do you think its fair if you beat the better players on the ladder simply cause they can't get games? Its the nature of cw that best players want to win and form a clan with better team mates...

+
# 8StiWie` Aug 22 2014, 13:33 PM
^

Clan: PIRATES

+
# 9J2C2KL Aug 22 2014, 18:49 PM
stiwie go join ketis party they need u

+
# 10Earendil Aug 22 2014, 19:38 PM
QUOTE(StiWie` @ Aug 21 2014, 21:37 PM) *

HeRo and Accept` playing cw like A| vs B|.
Its fucking annoying and disgusting, since players are ahead of us, refuse to play us, but play each other, so... wtf

That's the Problem. I would say we need something like an "anti dodge rule " for the top 5 players. Means for the top 5 players its not possible to dodge other clans at all.
If they do -> Penalty by admin

QUOTE(ketis @ Aug 22 2014, 11:59 AM) *

thats true but why you are rank 1 then?

+
# 11Amateur`Hour Aug 22 2014, 22:41 PM
QUOTE(Hermione @ Aug 22 2014, 19:38 PM) *

That's the Problem. I would say we need something like an "anti dodge rule " for the top 5 players. Means for the top 5 players its not possible to dodge other clans at all.
If they do -> Penalty by admin

Sounds pretty hard to enforce, maybe give some sort of bonus for playing multiple clans and decrease points more for clans playing the same clan over and over again. I think there's some kind of diminishing returns after playing a clan 10 times in one day.

Game: League of Legends

+
# 12Robbie Aug 22 2014, 23:54 PM
That wouldn't be a good system as it would punish the clans who are dodged more than the dodgers.

+
# 13Amateur`Hour Aug 23 2014, 00:24 AM
Should win loss also have a bigger impact on points? Scops 80-11 win loss and losing to 58-56 win loss petrelli

+
# 14SenatoR` Aug 23 2014, 09:25 AM
Wait a minute please.
Why when i asked DA about 1v1 Orannge dodge? OFc he wants play 2v2 and in 2v2 we have no chance.
Anyway clanwars is free system. I play vs i want. And if there will be penalty- we would be have less activity

+
# 15Earendil Aug 23 2014, 10:45 AM
lol Senator why should I dodge you? But when both of us have a m8 online and ready I prefer 2v2. Not because of an easy win but because it's more fun for me playing with a friend on TeamSpeak. I guess you agree there.

I think for the moment a 2 clan month would be the best. Then we can think a whole month of how we solve this problem. But an admin (Fishy or velve ) have to change the pointsystem then for this 1 month (maybe every win gives 50 clan points and warrior points are variable like before).

I like the name idea of Fishy "FoD" And "FoL", better than A or B shit.
But just the names, not that one team can only play FoL or FoD.

This post has been edited by Hermione: Aug 23 2014, 11:31 AM

+
# 16Pallando Aug 23 2014, 12:47 PM
QUOTE(SenatoR` @ Aug 23 2014, 01:25 AM) *

Wait a minute please.
Why when i asked DA about 1v1 Orannge dodge? OFc he wants play 2v2 and in 2v2 we have no chance.
Anyway clanwars is free system. I play vs i want. And if there will be penalty- we would be have less activity

Orange and I usually look for a game when we're both on. Why would he play you in 1vs1 when we are both Online and looking for a cw? Why would you want to play 1vs1 when a 2vs2 is ready? It's not that I'm playing super-duper amazing these days.. and do you think you get better by dodging the good players? In order to become decent you have to go through defeats, or do you think the current top 2vs2 BFME players became good by only playing less experienced players?

I usually don't play 1vs1. I am not a big fan of 1. FoI and 2. 1vs1 itself, so usually I don't accept 1vs1 requests. If you said you did not like 2vs2 in general, that would be a fair point. But playing some clans in 2vs2 while dodging others is definitely not very sportsmanlike.

+
# 17Amateur`Hour Aug 23 2014, 13:46 PM
two clan month would be fun

+
# 18Clev3r Aug 23 2014, 14:14 PM
clan Accept dodge me, drefan block me
Clan Hero, only ketis playing vs me
Clan DA Hermione dodge me, Ra block me, pino play vs me rarely
Clan TG all play vs me
Clan DK dodge me, only Batman playing vs me rarely
Clan Potc Dodge me
Clan ROS black block me, ringl play vs me

WHAT ARE FU*K GUYS?!

This post has been edited by Clev3r: Aug 23 2014, 14:26 PM
+
# 19Earendil Aug 23 2014, 14:18 PM
and you nearly got banned clever, better stay silent and think of why noone is playing you

+
# 20Clev3r Aug 23 2014, 14:22 PM
because everyone is afraid of including you
+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)