Explore GameReplays...

Company of Heroes

Interested in a Tourney?

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1djw2104 Feb 18 2015, 20:25 PM
It has been at least three years, according to my knowledge, since GameReplays last hosted a vCOH tournament.

This topic is to "test the waters" to seek feedback and opinion to see if those of you, who still visit this section, especially this one would be interested.

The invitation would only be open to you, you know who you are, and I know who you are because I always visit the Replay forum so any interlopers would be excluded. However, I will permit other "inactive" members to enter should there be a shortfall in numbers. They only need to express an interest but not be offended if refused.

Therefore, "new" account spammers, post and replay spammers and banned members (including those on suspension) would not be allowed to enter.

I am proposing a vanilla match up with NO TOV units, BO3 possibly a BO5 for the final.

Dates to be arranged, subject to enough interest, so as not to clash with any other events that are scheduled, external or otherwise.

Maps, fancy a challenge away from the usual three, Angoville, Langres and Semois? Again suggestions would be welcome; I was thinking possibly Wrecked Train (yes I know it is Wehr favoured), 2p Duclair but not sure for the third. Again sensible suggestions would be welcome, after all it will be your chance to enter and have a go.

Skill level is not important as names will be drawn at random from a hat, or similar device, so it will be 'pot-luck' who you get drawn against.

The main focus will be to have fun and enjoy the experience.

There are other points I would like to focus on but first of all lets see if enough interest is generated to make this event actually happen.

Thanks for reading.

Game: None

+
# 2niksa Feb 22 2015, 00:39 AM
Interesting nobody anserw,I guess ppl not check forum so often like before.
Yeah I am interested why not

+
# 3djw2104 Feb 23 2015, 10:01 AM
Hi,

Thanks for your interest, I hope that others show willing. I am open to suggestions on how to make this a fun and entertaining event, should it go ahead. I have done a lot of background work on organising, arranging and trying to referee the event aswell biggrin.gif , a person of many talents I think. Plus, although I am on a limited occupational pension I am also willing to 'sponsor' arrange some prize money, albeit pocket/beer money. thumb.gif

+
# 4Ra11 Feb 23 2015, 15:52 PM
Would play for sure smile.gif

Clan: ArX

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 5djw2104 Feb 23 2015, 19:05 PM
QUOTE(Ra11 @ Feb 23 2015, 15:52 PM) *

Would play for sure smile.gif

Thank you for your interest. I am open to suggestions as I would like this to be for fun and a "tournament with a twist", something different from the norm. Although I shall be tackling every job that is required I also would like to enter. An easy 2-0 win for someone. biggrin.gif

Hopefully others will show interest, there is nothing to lose and a bit of pocket/beer money at the end of it.

+
# 6elvinger Feb 23 2015, 19:06 PM
Im really interested in a tourney! And i also have a friend who reguraly plays who is interested. Hows the status right now?

Best regards

Emil

+
# 7c0mpl3x1ty Feb 27 2015, 19:00 PM
yeah

+
# 8djw2104 Apr 4 2015, 09:34 AM
Well owing to a lack of interest I am sorry to say that this will not go ahead.

I mostly aimed this at those trash-talkers who populate the replay section so that they could put their 'money where their mouth is' so to speak. huh.gif

Many thanks to those of you who were willing to give it a shot and have some fun even though I couldn't provide 'big' prize money but enough to have played for.

+
# 9Wu299 Apr 5 2015, 18:51 PM
What a shame I checked the forums a day too late. Still wouldn´t have helped a whole lot, I guess tongue.gif.

Clan: Reign of Madness

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)