Explore GameReplays...

Company of Heroes

Cheat Mod v1.0

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 41jonbon Mar 15 2007, 20:43 PM
QUOTE(Phobos @ Mar 15 2007, 13:19 PM) *

That did the trick! Strange, i d/l both first and installed but it didnt seem to take, so I just used the repair and now fog of war button is there: thank you both for your help smile.gif

Edit; wrong words etc

YW tongue.gif

...and thanks for the mod................ banana.gif

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 42BuckyBoy Mar 15 2007, 20:48 PM
QUOTE(jonbon @ Mar 15 2007, 21:12 PM) *

You need ver 1.1 not 1.0 go here http://forum.1337coh.com/showthread.php?t=13

yeah that's right.
I can't edit my first post anymore, or else i would. This may be a bit confusing for some. Maybe a moderator can help out?

+
# 43Radius Mar 15 2007, 22:11 PM
Oh man this is insane!!!

Top JOB Buck!!!

Oooohhh and a n00b friendly installer to boot!!! Oooh this is wonderful smile.gif

This post has been edited by Radius: Mar 15 2007, 22:13 PM

+
# 44Demonic Spoon Mar 15 2007, 22:14 PM
Found a couple bugs

1) Not all doctrine powers are there. For example, when I turned on all doctrine powers, I did not see Recon Run, Rangers, or paratroopers...

2) The hotkeys that give doctrine powers (shift + d-m) do not all work, and some crash. I believe CTRL+Shift+J (or some other nearby letter) crashed my game.

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 45VindicatorPatriarch Mar 15 2007, 23:20 PM
Cool. I'll have to download that and check it out
Thanx. biggrin.gif

+
# 46BuckyBoy Mar 15 2007, 23:21 PM
QUOTE(Demonic Spoon @ Mar 15 2007, 23:14 PM) *

Found a couple bugs

1) Not all doctrine powers are there. For example, when I turned on all doctrine powers, I did not see Recon Run, Rangers, or paratroopers...

2) The hotkeys that give doctrine powers (shift + d-m) do not all work, and some crash. I believe CTRL+Shift+J (or some other nearby letter) crashed my game.

1) eh.. you may not know this, but i tested this in 1024x768 res. There's not enough room for more doctrine icons. I think for allies there's room for 2-3 more.. which ones would you like me to add?.. I don't think paratroopers or at-guns would be so useful, since you can already get them with the hotkeys. Rangers didn't work. (for some reason, i don't know).. The Rangers spawned with shift-e come without bazookas.

2) ctrl-shift-j = Manpower Blitz.. i haven't been able to reproduce that crash you're talking about.. (tested all the hotkeys)
Some hotkeys may not work at first.. for instance ctrl-shift-z = Tiger Ace, you need to have 1000 manpower. Just use the shift-F10 (cheat resources) to make all the hotkeys work. Anyways here are some tables for you to see how all the hotkeys are mapped:

table_abilities_allies = {
"ALLIED_OFFMAP_HOWITZER", "ALLIED_AIR_RECON", "ALLIED_STRAFE_RUN", "ALLIED_ROCKET", "ALLIED_SUPPLY_DROP",
"ALLIED_PARADROP_ENGINEER",
}

hotkeys = {
"a", "s", "d", "f", "g", "h", "j", "k", "l", "z",
"x", "c", "v", "b", "n", "m"
}

table_abilities_axis = {
"AXIS_FATHERLAND", "AXIS_REGISTERED_ARTILLERY", "AXIS_ROCKET_ARTILLERY", "AXIS_URBAN_ASSAULT_TEAM", "AXIS_MANPOWER_BLITZ",
"AXIS_BLITZKRIEG", "AXIS_FIRESTORM", "AXIS_TIGER_ACE", "AXIS_INSPIRED_ASSAULT", "AXIS_PROPAGANDA",
"AXIS_V1", "AXIS_PIONEER",
}

hotkeys = {
"d", "f", "g", "h", "j", "k", "l", "z",
"x", "c", "v", "b", "n", "m"
}

QUOTE(IeAtKiDs @ Mar 15 2007, 23:26 PM) *

awesome work bro..i dont care about the cheats, i am just gratified about being able to watch replays/shoutcasts without fow now!!! badass bro. as a plus.. i think finally bridger can get rid of vitensby on TOH. smile.gif hahahaha

no no no no.. Bridger and Vitensby shouldn't use this mod!.. biggrin.gif It's just so much fun listening to them the way it is now. It's almost like they're playing against each other. (Bridger not knowing what's happening on the other side and vice versa)

+
# 47Omni^3 Mar 15 2007, 23:53 PM
Ok, it seems like I'm the only one who's having problems here. I downloaded the .exe and installed it, but it didn't work (said I didn't have COH installed, then installed normally, then wouldn't run). The shortcut that appears on the desktop doesn't lead anywhere, and nothing works. It's ridiculous. I assume the reason it's screwing up is because of that error code, but I can't figure out what's wrong! I have v1.1 and I've downloaded twice, installed at least 3 times and tried repairing it. It just won't work.

Anyone know wtf is going on?

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 48BuckyBoy Mar 16 2007, 00:26 AM
QUOTE(Omni^3 @ Mar 16 2007, 00:53 AM) *

Ok, it seems like I'm the only one who's having problems here. I downloaded the .exe and installed it, but it didn't work (said I didn't have COH installed, then installed normally, then wouldn't run). The shortcut that appears on the desktop doesn't lead anywhere, and nothing works. It's ridiculous. I assume the reason it's screwing up is because of that error code, but I can't figure out what's wrong! I have v1.1 and I've downloaded twice, installed at least 3 times and tried repairing it. It just won't work.

Anyone know wtf is going on?

Most likely the installer can't find your registry key for CoH. So it doesn't know where your COH is installed. Actually after that error message, the installer should abort, so that's a bug. For a fix add this to your registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\THQ\Company of Heroes\InstallDir = C:\Program Files\Company of Heroes\ (or whatever directory that is on your comp.. make sure the last backslash is there)

+
# 49Backslider Mar 16 2007, 02:09 AM
I get a Sync Error when watching replays with FOW off.

thanks.

+
# 50Omni^3 Mar 16 2007, 02:18 AM
QUOTE(BuckyBoy @ Mar 15 2007, 17:26 PM) *

Most likely the installer can't find your registry key for CoH. So it doesn't know where your COH is installed. Actually after that error message, the installer should abort, so that's a bug. For a fix add this to your registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\THQ\Company of Heroes\InstallDir = C:\Program Files\Company of Heroes\ (or whatever directory that is on your comp.. make sure the last backslash is there)

Worked like a charm biggrin.gif . Haven't messed with registry recently, I shoulda checked when I saw the error lol. Thanks for the fix, and thanks for the great mod. Already helping my game thumb.gif

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 51shiffty Mar 16 2007, 02:35 AM
wow thats great wiil make it much easier for me to test things now. don';t have to sit an wait for reasources.

+
# 52Bridger Mar 16 2007, 05:08 AM
QUOTE(Timeless @ Mar 15 2007, 14:55 PM) *
Yea, man, awesome work removing fow.

Equally awesome how Relic has ignored this much requested feature for months...way to go, Relic! They really NEED to get off their asses about stuff like this. What next, someone mods us arranged teams? W00t.

Sorry for the rant. I really like Relic but stuff like this gets to me.

It wasn't ignored, they've been working on it. As i understand it we may see a real fix soon, no promises though.

+
# 53hestonk Mar 16 2007, 06:20 AM
in the replays, you can always go into console and type:
FOW_RevealAll and it will disable the fog of war and reveal the whole map.
FOW_Toggle will just disable the war, however, you will only be able to see what you would see with the fog of war enabled!

+
# 54evotech Mar 16 2007, 12:57 PM
Change this mans group to "Community hero" please, i beg you

Game: Heroes of Newerth

+
# 55craig198 Mar 16 2007, 14:39 PM
QUOTE(Backslider @ Mar 15 2007, 21:09 PM) *

I get a Sync Error when watching replays with FOW off.

thanks.

ditto

+
# 56craig198 Mar 16 2007, 15:14 PM
QUOTE(hestonk @ Mar 16 2007, 01:20 AM) *

in the replays, you can always go into console and type:
FOW_RevealAll and it will disable the fog of war and reveal the whole map.

tried that and it doesnt work either. toggle work but is useless anyway

+
# 57BuckyBoy Mar 16 2007, 17:43 PM
again guys, the hotkeys don't work in replay mode (Sync error).. you need version 1.1 of the mod. Download here: http://forum.1337coh.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=69

ps: FOW_RevealAll doesn't work in replay mode, that's the same as my hotkey SHIFT-F1.

+
# 58IeAtKiDs Mar 16 2007, 17:54 PM
i just love how my posts just "magically" disappear when i'm critical of a person on staff. (vitensby) If you can't take the heat, get out the kitchen folks

+
# 59Radius Mar 16 2007, 17:57 PM
Guys, for the love of god and Allies that are OP, its not that hard to understand that in replays the shortcut key for FOW doesn't work, untick the little box bottom right!

+
# 60BuckyBoy Mar 16 2007, 18:03 PM
QUOTE(IeAtKiDs @ Mar 16 2007, 18:54 PM) *

i just love how my posts just "magically" disappear when i'm critical of a person on staff. (vitensby) If you can't take the heat, get out the kitchen folks

critical?.. i thought u were just kidding around. Bridger and Vitensby's show is the best!.. love every minute of it. smile.gif

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)