Explore GameReplays...

Battle for Middle Earth

Top 15 Most Overrated Players of BfME 1.03

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Infinity` May 14 2007, 00:02 AM
Here it is.

15. Gunningham
Aka [DT]Shadow, this guy WAS a good player during 1.02 and early stages of 1.03. During his comeback in Med-Late 1.03 he wasnt anything special. New Strategies had been released etc. Even during early 1.03 his Gondor/Isen ( Aparently his BEST armies ) were only Mediocre at most. Highly rated by his friends in [ChoseN] and a few others aswell as always putting himself above everyone else he earned himself a spot on this list.

14. Tucke
Old 1.02 player from esa| that made his return to Bfme sometime in October. While he was probably better than a majority of the top 1.03 players in 1.02, he seems to be overhyped in 1.03. There is no doubt that Tucke is good, but he makes some many silly mistakes and really lacks some of the other characteristics of the top players such as cash floating and bad lapses in micro at times. Wubbable voice though.

13. Luan
This kid was a late bloomer in 1.03, just as CnC3 was released and alot of people left, he showed up hard on the scene, at one point holding 1st and 2nd warrior on CW.cc. His talent is definately real, but the community had made him out to be something he just plain old isn't. Overall a nice kids, and hasn't overrated himself, but the communities undying claims that he is the one of the best in 1.03 has earned him the 13th spot on this list.

12. Krysler
Gondor Strat mod, and self proclaimed 'pro Gondor'. Known for his good Gondor vs FoL, but hasen't played the game actively in ages and is still considered one of the best Gondor's out there, while he doesn't even play.

11. TR|Sonkraliniz
Isen only player who boasted quite a CW record with his faction. Constantly called 'the best Isen player' by both himself as well as former clanmates, this kid consistantly sees himself as the "authority" when questions arise about Isen, and has earned himself the #11 spot.

10. Sjosty
Straight out of QM this Isen player was indeed incredibly good in Isen vs. FoL, and recieved several CW awards. Problem is he rarely went random, and got hyped up as a CW pro, when his record with anything but Isen was unimpressive.

9. SoulWings
Was one of the best Gondor players around in early 1.03, but that was before most people got any good at Gondor. Known for loosing matches to overrated players like Stonelord, his skill as a Gondor player is undeniable, and his work as a Strat Mod and Senior Strat Mod is vast and admired, but he is cracked up to be a player he has not proven himself to be.

8. DantheDangerous
Rohan lamer who put a ton of effort into some rather queer guides for the Rohan section, often in bids to win Rohan SM. This gained him recognition as a 'Prohan' from the community while his CW record and stats vs. other pros never backed up his status.

7. Wonder
Known for his flaming, Wonder is a mediocre player. Too highly rated by his clan members this guy packs a pretty decent 2vs2. That at most... His 1vs1 is nothing special either. He gloats about his CW titles and 2v2 records vs. Sage, but honestly they are all given to him by his team mate. Carried by Segway and Maia, this guy has got himself 7th on our list.

6. Saramaus
All I can say here is "WTF." This guy is just terrible, he has a pathetic 1vs1 and his 2vs2 isn't noob, but its not pro either. He can only play Isengard in 2vs2. This older B2P player is considered by his clanmates to be a darn good player when he played, the opposite being true.

5. Major
This old 1.02 player was known in early 1.03 for making Isengard strats when nobody else knew how to play. Having beta tested/leaked patch at his disposal gave him an unfair advantage that put him ahead of all the other early 1.03 players. This WiSE member was nothing special, having very little competition was believed to be one of the best Isen's of his time. It was only when Zlurodirom and Ranger came on the 1.03 scene that Major was shown up. Recently boasted that he could bash all the current 1.03 players.

4. Mavs
This 2vs2 only player boasts some nice CW awards. These awards make him arrogant into thinking he is 1 of the best 2vs2 players. Thought quite highly of by his clan mates this guy has a plain 2vs2 skill, and NO 1vs1 skill. Carried by clanmates in B2P, he shows no prowess without his 2v2 teammates Segway and Maia at his side. Constantly correcting people on both grammar, spelling, and BfME tactics, this 1.03 2v2 ONLY player apparently knows everything there is to know about BfME. Strat Mod ftw.

3. Tommy
Tommy Tommy Tommy... This guy came from QM to CW. He had a good Isengard in the early 1.03 days with a nice CW record too. He helped Isengard out during the early 1.03, but as the days went on and people got better, he stayed the same. This Isengard only QM player is thought high of by several in the community. Some say he can play Random and so does he. He tried Random in QM for a little while which proved to be no more then Mavs' 1v1 Random...

2. Stonelord
Claimed to be the best Mordor of early 1.03, Stonelord arrived on the Clanwars seen and proved to be a skilled Mordor. However, there are several reasons why he is number two on this list: 1) Losing to simple combo rushes. 2) Being able to play as only Mordor and Gondor. 3) Might be number 1 if still alive. Even though he never bragged about his abilites and rarely flamed, there were several good Mordors that were more skilled than him despite him overshadowing them.

1. FerKz
One of the worst cases over OVERATION I have ever witnessed in 1.03. This QMer came out of nowhere and immediately people were impressed with this Mordor only gamer. Despite the fact that alot of the good players were beginning to move to CNC3 many of the community considered Ferk King at the top of the best Mordors when it simply isn't true. Ferk has done so many things uncharacteristic of good players or even average players in general it's just. From doing starts like palace+Sh with Mordor, to deleting his troll cage instead of building a drummer, to taking on warg lairs head on with two orcs, and finally accidentally putting his rank 4 orc archer combos into a sh, this guy is a good definition of overrated and a well earned 2nd. He has also changed CW smurfs during a month, to rid of his previous stats and 'start fresh'.

This list was a collaboration by everyone who knew the LoM^ Pf pass.

This post has been edited by SToNe^CoLd: May 20 2007, 17:40 PM

Clan: Prisoners Of War

Game: League of Legends

+
# 2general grievous^ May 14 2007, 00:03 AM
Why did you post it here?

Clan: Legions of Mordor

Game: Battle for Middle Earth

+
# 3IVERSON May 14 2007, 00:10 AM
Nice list. Happy to be on it biggrin.gif!

But, I don't think saying "CW record and stats vs. other pros never backed up his status" is fair, since my record wasint all that bad when it came to playing good platers (wasint uber pro eather). At my prime James and Moose were the only guys I had TONS of trouble with. Otherwise I could play a good game vs lots of great players (I have alot of replays to prove it) like Tucke, Blue, Gerrard, Segway, Genub, Poly, Ranger, Carbon, Kitty, Lord Orc, Ranger Stryder, Death_2_Them ect.

This post has been edited by DanTheDangerous: May 14 2007, 00:36 AM

+
# 4general grievous^ May 14 2007, 00:15 AM
I think I wrote the descriptions for like, 2 or 3 of the ppl here, others did the rest.

+
# 5Anarchy May 14 2007, 00:17 AM
nice list biggrin.gif ... lest just hope it doesnt end up like the top 25 players post-13661-1143531603.gif

Clan: LeGenD`

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 6DunedainStriker May 14 2007, 00:35 AM
I approve of this message.

+
# 7Fate` May 14 2007, 00:41 AM
Im not mentioned in any way. BS list. smilie_bleh.gif

Clan: Born 2 Pawn

+
# 8Ferk^KinG May 14 2007, 02:01 AM
WTF.gif im 1st.....im happy tbh, thx guys biggrin.gif

btw who did my description....wacko.gif

This post has been edited by Ferk^KinG: May 14 2007, 03:09 AM

+
# 9DunedainStriker May 14 2007, 02:16 AM
wtf read the title fools this is not an award.

This post has been edited by DunedainStriker: May 14 2007, 02:17 AM

+
# 10FreedomX10A May 14 2007, 02:17 AM
as i have explained to you in the pf take out luan, gunni, and tucke they fucking OWN i have no idea why they you have put them on the OVERRATED list because they aren't man damn....u guys need to listen to me next time

+
# 11Luân^ May 14 2007, 02:27 AM
wub.gif Freedom wub.gif

I could understand why I'm on the list though. I honestly never post games and if I do, I normally have very old CM mates showing me some love.

+
# 12FarMeR` May 14 2007, 02:27 AM
Dune is overrated as a noob.

wub.gif

This post has been edited by maverick_: May 14 2007, 02:27 AM

+
# 13THUGZ May 14 2007, 02:34 AM
You noobs make me laugh, Infinity most of these players own you and Genub you clearly put Ferkz rank 1 because your jealous he has a better Mordor then you, and you say it was the LoM players who chose these names LOL! Most of LoM were dicks!!

+
# 14FreedomX10A May 14 2007, 02:38 AM
this was mostly dune and taters, i suggested some to go off the list but they bumped them down

btw thugz u callin me a dick?

gogogo another genub vs ferkz, round 2 tbh

+
# 15Gerrard May 14 2007, 02:53 AM
Ferkz should not be on this list.

+
# 16general grievous^ May 14 2007, 02:59 AM
Well lists are about opinions no?

+
# 17THUGZ May 14 2007, 03:00 AM
QUOTE(FreedomX10A @ May 14 2007, 03:38 AM) *

this was mostly dune and taters, i suggested some to go off the list but they bumped them down

btw thugz u callin me a dick?

gogogo another genub vs ferkz, round 2 tbh

So the list was done by 2 people who dont even play the game no more...makes sense i suppose. I said most Freedom MOST of LoM were dicks.

+
# 18FreedomX10A May 14 2007, 03:02 AM
yes thats what didn't make sense to me either i usually value taters' opinion when its serious but this time its wrong, well for those guys ive mentioned earlier anyway

i wub.gif you tho thugz biggrin.gif

+
# 19general grievous^ May 14 2007, 03:06 AM
Ok let's clear something up. Infinity did not make this list. I threw out some names to start, and Taterz took control and threw down descriptions for those he knew, and I had to step in for SL and Major because only a few people actually remember them. Originally I had SL first but Infinity changed it for w/e reason, switched him with Ferk, and posted the list while I was observing Ferk trying to light ents on fire with the eye of Sauron laugh.gif. So who do you guys think is overated?

+
# 20FreedomX10A May 14 2007, 03:13 AM
i have the pf pass so does sage,tja,taters and dune

im sure they can all explain that genub didn't make this list, he only threw down names of people he has previously played, genub doesn't deserve any of the credit to this list, his contribution was only starting a list but his was COMPLETELY different altho i do agree where ferkz is placed.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)