Explore GameReplays...

Battle for Middle Earth

Your favourite songs

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 21Dogs Jan 9 2009, 01:36 AM
i think pac is rated so high is because the music he was putting out alot of ppl could relate to and they way it was delivered was powerful, he was also one of the smartest rappers ive heard, even his interviews made you think

Game: Battle for Middle Earth

+
# 22teutonic. Jan 9 2009, 04:23 AM
no but seriously sage if you're correct tell me why he's so good.

Game: Blizzard

+
# 23Sage Jan 9 2009, 05:38 AM
QUOTE(FreedomX10A @ Jan 8 2009, 18:29 PM) *

coincidentally his sales sky rocketed once he died. He was a pretty average rapper back when he was alive but he was immortalized once he was dead.

similar to elvis presly but its fair to say he had success just like tupac did.

thats just imo

wacko.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif

He was the most popular rapper when he was alive.

And Tot, I like Tupac because he's the rapper who says the most REAL shit and in the most powerful way. I can listen to some rap song and sometimes not know who it is, but just because of his voice I'll know its Tupac, no other rapper can deliver like he can. I don't like any of these new rappers without songs that matter, and there are a bunch of them. Sure he had songs like a bunch of rappers talking about bitches, money, cards, etc. but he also had tons of songs like Dear Mama and Until the End of Time. I mean, its all preference really, but to me no other rapper compares to him. Its him, then a good step back there's Eminem and Biggie.

And the fact he was so god damn smart is a huge plus for me, I've watched a bunch of his interviews and a lot of documentaries on him, he's impressive.

Clan: EPIC

Game: Heroes of Newerth

+
# 24teutonic. Jan 9 2009, 12:36 PM
Yeah i can relate a heap to that sage.

That's one of the reasons i'm so into the Beatles (post like '65) and particularly John Lennon.

Their stuff makes you think.

That and it's fucking amazing music.

This post has been edited by teutonic.: Jan 9 2009, 12:37 PM

+
# 25BLeeDeR Jan 9 2009, 23:42 PM
I'll say Tupac was definitely more intelligent and creative than the average rapper. I can't say who I think is the best because I don't have enough experience listening to hip-hop, but my personal fav is Wu-Tang, specifically GZA and RZA. There's something really raw about them that I really like, and the kung-fu references are just cool.

Clan: DreaM|DivA

+
# 26FreedomX10A Jan 10 2009, 04:46 AM
QUOTE(Sage @ Jan 9 2009, 05:38 AM) *

wacko.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif

He was the most popular rapper when he was alive.

And Tot, I like Tupac because he's the rapper who says the most REAL shit and in the most powerful way. I can listen to some rap song and sometimes not know who it is, but just because of his voice I'll know its Tupac, no other rapper can deliver like he can. I don't like any of these new rappers without songs that matter, and there are a bunch of them. Sure he had songs like a bunch of rappers talking about bitches, money, cards, etc. but he also had tons of songs like Dear Mama and Until the End of Time. I mean, its all preference really, but to me no other rapper compares to him. Its him, then a good step back there's Eminem and Biggie.

And the fact he was so god damn smart is a huge plus for me, I've watched a bunch of his interviews and a lot of documentaries on him, he's impressive.

Like you said its all preference. Musics opinionated, you're entitled to yours.

Clan: Prisoners Of War

Game: Battle for Middle Earth

+
# 27Mr.Shankly Jan 10 2009, 19:48 PM
QUOTE(Sage @ Jan 7 2009, 06:11 AM) *

You know how I know you're gay?
1. Hotel California-Eagles
2. Comfortably Numb-Pink Floyd
3. California Love-Pac
4. Ghetto Gospel-Pac
5. Until the End of Time-Pac
6. Big Poppa-Biggie
7. Nothing Else Matters-Metallica
8. One Day at a Time-Pac/Eminem/Outlaws
9. Thug Love-Pac/Bone Thugz
10. Last one Breathin-Pac

Hmm i prob prefer your music taste than the rest

Personally, my fav bands are Pink Floyd and Radiohead

I like some other bands such as The Smiths and Metallica and stuff.

Freedom is a shit

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 28BLeeDeR Jan 10 2009, 21:28 PM
QUOTE(Mr.Shankly @ Jan 10 2009, 13:48 PM) *

Hmm i prob prefer your music taste than the rest
Personally, my fav bands are Pink Floyd and Radiohead
I like some other bands such as The Smiths and Metallica and stuff.
Freedom is a shit

I'm happy to know you like Radiohead, they are my favorite band as well. My opinion of someone rises significantly when they tell me they listen to RH.

+
# 29Sage Jan 10 2009, 21:42 PM
radiohead isn't bad I kinda like them, I just have to be in a certain mood to listen to them. Same with Audioslave, although its a different type of mood. What are ur favorite radiohead songs?

+
# 30Mr.Shankly Jan 10 2009, 22:18 PM
My favourite ones are:

You are all i need
Climbing up the walls
Everything in its right place
Exit music for a film

and then the other ones like karma police, high and dry etc.....i think i like most of them rofl.

What is everyones favourite pastimes!

Mines are playing guitar and doing things with mates that dont require TOO much energy.

Oh and gaming too i guess, mainly bfme2 and bashing freedom<<<sole reason im getting WC3

This post has been edited by Mr.Shankly: Jan 10 2009, 22:27 PM

+
# 31Mr.Shankly Jan 11 2009, 00:12 AM
QUOTE(BLeeDeR @ Jan 10 2009, 21:28 PM) *

I'm happy to know you like Radiohead, they are my favorite band as well. My opinion of someone rises significantly when they tell me they listen to RH.

Does that mean i get the private forum pass?

+
# 32BLeeDeR Jan 11 2009, 00:22 AM
QUOTE(Sage @ Jan 10 2009, 15:42 PM) *

radiohead isn't bad I kinda like them, I just have to be in a certain mood to listen to them. Same with Audioslave, although its a different type of mood. What are ur favorite radiohead songs?

Audioslave I don't care too much for anymore. I like them, but Rage is just 100x better. I saw them live last summer and it was awesome. My favorite Radiohead songs are probably Everything In Its Right Place, I Might Be Wrong, Let Down, How To Disappear Completely, Idoteque, Like Spinning Plates (Live), Jigsaw Falling Into Place, and Reckoner. But I pretty much like everything from them. If I had to rank the albums by personal preference I'd say:

1. OK Computer
2. Kid A
3. The Bends
4. In Rainbows
5. Amnesiac (definitely underrated)
6. Hail To The Thief
7. Pablo Honey (don't both with this until you've heard everything else lol)

My advice with RH is don't just get the singles, you really need to listen to the whole album all the way through like it was intended to get the full experience.

+
# 33BLeeDeR Jan 11 2009, 00:23 AM
QUOTE(Mr.Shankly @ Jan 10 2009, 18:12 PM) *

Does that mean i get the private forum pass?

Nah.

+
# 34Mr.Shankly Jan 11 2009, 01:17 AM
Yeah Idioteque is great, i really enjoy listening to recordings of them live.

+
# 35Sage Jan 11 2009, 01:30 AM
QUOTE(BLeeDeR @ Jan 10 2009, 17:22 PM) *

My advice with RH is don't just get the singles, you really need to listen to the whole album all the way through like it was intended to get the full experience.

Like The Wall? Listening to the Wall all the way through the first time was the greatest experience I've had listening to music.

+
# 36BLeeDeR Jan 11 2009, 04:42 AM
QUOTE(Sage @ Jan 10 2009, 19:30 PM) *

Like The Wall? Listening to the Wall all the way through the first time was the greatest experience I've had listening to music.

I can't comment on that because I'm not really a Pink Floyd listener. But when I actually listened to Kid A from start to finish it was definitely amazing.

+
# 37BaLL_ Jan 11 2009, 17:54 PM
hahah listenin to Get Rich Or Die Tryin' was a great experience too lol.

nah but honestly tho 50 came hard wit that first album that went big, but yea definitely soft after that.

+
# 38Utred Jan 11 2009, 21:24 PM
Radiohead ftw. Saw them live this summer, it was pretty amazing.

Clan: Teh Staff

+
# 39teutonic. Jan 11 2009, 22:34 PM
I think dark side of the moon is a much better album than the Wall.

Metallica is rubbish.

+
# 40Sage Jan 12 2009, 00:41 AM
K I listened to a lot of Radiohead now and can say that I dislike them. It's all bullshit.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)