Explore GameReplays...

Battle for Middle Earth

Download the BFME Games

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Phoenix Mar 27 2016, 04:12 AM
Want to easily download the BFME games? We got all of them hosted as .ISO's on a fast server. Kudos to Locutus for hosting them! If you want to get them faster and more reliably than via alternative sources, simply use the download links below. Then mount the .ISO(s) of your choice with a tool like Daemon Tools, WinCDEmu, Alcohol 50%, etc. and run the installer!

If the above links aren't working for some reason, The Smoking Man also uploaded these files on Mediafire (thank you!):
  1. Download BFME 1
  2. Download BFME 2
  3. Download RotWK
If you run into issues with the downloads, leave a comment below.

Special credits to Locutus for hosting the files!

Clan: Corruption of Light

Game: Rise of the Witch King

+
# 2SALUKI Jan 6 2017, 04:32 AM
I'm trying to get the original BFME up and running using these links. I was able to download the .iso and got it mounted (I have windows 10) and installed, but when i try to run the game it says i need to insert the correct CD-ROM.

I just found some random key from the internet. Is that causing the problem?

Game: Battle for Middle Earth

+
# 3ICT Jan 6 2017, 06:57 AM
Use https://www.gamereplays.org/community/index...howtopic=979783 it should take care of your problem.

+
# 4SALUKI Jan 8 2017, 19:47 PM
QUOTE(ICT @ Jan 6 2017, 01:57 AM) *

Use https://www.gamereplays.org/community/index...howtopic=979783 it should take care of your problem.

Thanks for the assistance. I'm still having the same issue of my computer not recognizing that mounted .iso file. Should I be able to get the game started and running locally before I install the TA3 patch? Or will I need to install that before the game will work? The game seems to be installing properly off of the mounted drive, but I just can't run the game.

+
# 5ICT Jan 8 2017, 20:02 PM
First you install the game.
Then you use the all in one patch installer. Don't start the game for this.
Afterwards you don't need to mount anymore, just run the game normally.

+
# 6GoneDoor Apr 6 2017, 06:37 AM
Dad suggested me to mention this from when playing the first game as he got into it for a while before work took too much time and I forgot about the idea until he reminded me when I told him about patch 1.09

There needs to be an option to assign troops to heroes so you and that horde always go at the same speed.

Also assignable troops in general where you assign a horde of archers to key 1 and each time you click key 1 you will know where they are *unless they died of course* then you won't have to hunt all over the map for that horde while keeping your Hero alive which by the time you find that horde/unit you hear the SFX that somebody died and you don't know what happened.

Especially once the game really gets intense you have troops scattered all over the map and then you don't have to click 10 different places allowing for unique strategies instead.

Also this way for example you could have fire archers protect Saruman at all times until you unclick then they got their separate ways or how about fire arrows go at the same speed as battering rams so they will always be together?

It would be Saruman

X

Troops O

00 00
OO X 00

The troops always go with Saruman no matter where you send him or whatever hero itis. The current system Saruman runs at a different speed making it impossible to have a real system of keeping him protected. It can be done but it's a pain in the butt and it makes not worth caring about. Nobody would give protecting Saruman this way a rat's patootie unless you can assign troops to Heroes.

+
# 7GoneDoor Apr 28 2017, 10:12 AM
Your downloads are corrupted. They require the CD even though I have it mounted using Win Emu.

+
# 8HungryTroll Apr 28 2017, 11:32 AM
QUOTE(GoneDoor @ Apr 6 2017, 11:37 AM) *

Dad suggested me to mention this from when playing the first game as he got into it for a while before work took too much time and I forgot about the idea until he reminded me when I told him about patch 1.09

There needs to be an option to assign troops to heroes so you and that horde always go at the same speed.

Also assignable troops in general where you assign a horde of archers to key 1 and each time you click key 1 you will know where they are *unless they died of course* then you won't have to hunt all over the map for that horde while keeping your Hero alive which by the time you find that horde/unit you hear the SFX that somebody died and you don't know what happened.

Especially once the game really gets intense you have troops scattered all over the map and then you don't have to click 10 different places allowing for unique strategies instead.

Also this way for example you could have fire archers protect Saruman at all times until you unclick then they got their separate ways or how about fire arrows go at the same speed as battering rams so they will always be together?

It would be Saruman

X

Troops O

00 00
OO X 00

The troops always go with Saruman no matter where you send him or whatever hero itis.

Use hotkeys "U"

Clan: The Last Knights of Middle-Earth

+
# 9suturbs May 8 2017, 06:06 AM

It is nothing to do with Speed, you are not following a straight line path when you move units. If you want heroes stay safe, It is about giving attention to have heroes stay back manually. (There is *not much things* to do these automatically)...

Maybe numbering units like 1. 2. 3. could help a bit, though too much number may spread attention too much, stick with less numbers at first... (CTRL + number to number a unit)

Most things you suggest does not make sense for regular game players. Because That is nothing to do game, but your style of playing. You can't properly play this game with half attention; especially at your noob times u should not make this become a habit. ...

One more thing, common players playing this for years, so it could not be possible for you to keep up with -if you do not support your experience with textbookage (pro guides in the gr.org). If not use textbook and never playe VS very "pro" players, it takes to discover certain things so much time by yourself..... by "time" i mean, years lol.

once the game really gets intense you have troops scattered all over the map and then you don't have to click 10 different places allowing for unique strategies instead.
I agree the difficulties are not very funny to deal with, especially if some players are doing them everyday and got used to them......... but These are stuff to deal with to become eventually regular, finer players.

This post has been edited by suturbs: May 8 2017, 06:17 AM

+
# 10Strider_35 Jun 24 2017, 05:05 AM
anyone know how to get rid of the 3:30 auto defeat in BME 2

+
# 11HungryTroll Sep 9 2017, 08:06 AM
QUOTE(Strider_35 @ Jun 24 2017, 10:05 AM) *

anyone know how to get rid of the 3:30 auto defeat in BME 2

Download CDKeyFixer. This program change your CD key and fix autodefeat
http://forum.evendim.ru/threads/cdkeyfixer...%80%D0%B5.8425/

+
# 12Omran Sep 16 2017, 09:14 AM
i can't enter online it keeps saying logging timed out

This post has been edited by Omran: Sep 16 2017, 09:37 AM

+
# 13Pallando Sep 16 2017, 14:31 PM
QUOTE(Omran @ Sep 16 2017, 10:14 AM) *

i can't enter online it keeps saying logging timed out

What did you install and what patch are you on now? (check bottom right corner in Options menu to see your current version)

In any case, there's an all-in-one patch installer, look here: https://www.gamereplays.org/community/index...howtopic=979783

Clan: Sons of Elendil

+
# 14Omran Sep 16 2017, 15:58 PM
it says T3 1.06 but the thing is how can i register? because i tried and i coudlnt
it says i cant connect to EA

This post has been edited by Omran: Sep 16 2017, 16:01 PM

+
# 15Helper01 Oct 1 2018, 16:51 PM
Hi,
I have recently come across your hosting site for the amazing games BFME 1, 2 and the expansion RotWK. I'm so thrilled that someone has such a passion for these old games to bring them back and be a regular part of a good community that keeps them alive and well when their own developers have long since abandoned them. Thank you so much!
I have since downloaded and installed them and they all run perfectly. However, I've been trying to get some friends who also are passionate about the games into the fold...but alas they are, understandably, a bit wary that these ISO's are from a personal server. I've since tried to point them to your awesome Revora and T3A communities of modders, but it still sounds like they're not too comfortable. They are afraid that something could have been encoded into the ISO's.
While I myself stand by the modding community and all of the dependability, reliability, and trust, given how everything has been around for years and still very active (you guys probably would've been strung out by the community a long time ago if it was shady!), I'd like to be able to persuade them somehow.
So here's my question: How can we know for sure that these ISO's are not encoded with some sort of hack? Please be as detailed as you can. Hopefully it will be enough!
Thanks again!

+
# 16Earendil Oct 2 2018, 09:21 AM
QUOTE(Helper01 @ Oct 1 2018, 18:51 PM) *

Hi,
I have recently come across your hosting site for the amazing games BFME 1, 2 and the expansion RotWK. I'm so thrilled that someone has such a passion for these old games to bring them back and be a regular part of a good community that keeps them alive and well when their own developers have long since abandoned them. Thank you so much!
I have since downloaded and installed them and they all run perfectly. However, I've been trying to get some friends who also are passionate about the games into the fold...but alas they are, understandably, a bit wary that these ISO's are from a personal server. I've since tried to point them to your awesome Revora and T3A communities of modders, but it still sounds like they're not too comfortable. They are afraid that something could have been encoded into the ISO's.
While I myself stand by the modding community and all of the dependability, reliability, and trust, given how everything has been around for years and still very active (you guys probably would've been strung out by the community a long time ago if it was shady!), I'd like to be able to persuade them somehow.
So here's my question: How can we know for sure that these ISO's are not encoded with some sort of hack? Please be as detailed as you can. Hopefully it will be enough!
Thanks again!

Hello and welcome to the site. Don't worry the downloads are a service from us who love the game to you guys who love the game. We are only interested in the game and in new players who share our interest in BFME.

You can also download the games here if this suits better for you and your friends.

Clan: Sons of Elendil

+
# 17Helper01 Oct 2 2018, 16:38 PM
QUOTE(Earendil @ Oct 2 2018, 09:21 AM) *

Hello and welcome to the site. Don't worry the downloads are a service from us who love the game to you guys who love the game. We are only interested in the game and in new players who share our interest in BFME.

You can also download the games here if this suits better for you and your friends.

Thanks so much!

Like I said, I personally don't see anything wrong. I can tell everyone is just a big, passionate group of gamers who love these games. I'll point everything out to said friends and hope it'll be enough.

Thanks again!

+
# 18VAPORIZ3R Apr 10 2019, 18:59 PM
Does anyone have a working MDS Image file for Windows 8? I downloaded a 2 or 3 from online and none of them worked. Also burned my own MDS file and didnt work. Any ideas?

+
# 19Oliver de Clisson Apr 12 2019, 12:51 PM
QUOTE(VAPORIZ3R @ Apr 10 2019, 18:59 PM) *

Does anyone have a working MDS Image file for Windows 8? I downloaded a 2 or 3 from online and none of them worked. Also burned my own MDS file and didnt work. Any ideas?

Hello, here you go: https://www.mediafire.com/file/8qw2hhhd7a83...les%29.rar/file

https://www.mediafire.com/file/fcrro4q1jrzs...IMAGES.rar/file

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2

+
# 20VAPORIZ3R Apr 12 2019, 23:39 PM
Thx I'll probably be able to test that out in a few days.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)